Easter = Eating... Yikes!

Angela_Italiana
on 3/30/13 5:49 am - CA
RNY on 03/04/13
As I'm sure many of you have guessed by my name, I am Italian. And coming from a large Italian family, any reason to gather in large groups (and to eat large quantities I might add) is welcome. With tomorrow being Easter, there is sure to be food everywhere! Breads, pastas, antipasti, you name it. None of these things are good for me and my little pouch, however.

Any suggestions for a dish that I might be able to bring that a group can enjoy as well as be tolerable for me? I will be one month out on Monday. I've looked at theworldaccordingtoeggface.com, but I'm just not sure what will be ok after just one month.

Any suggestions are appreciated, thanks!
Findingme2013
on 3/30/13 6:09 am
RNY on 02/04/13

What stage of eating are you in??  I'm worried  too about Easter!! However, I'm planning ahead.  I am able to add foods as I can tolorate them.  All that you have mentioned would not be things I would add since it's not protein.  Can you fix your own meal and take it?

Angela_Italiana
on 3/30/13 6:12 am - CA
RNY on 03/04/13

My surgeon said I am ok to eat both meat and soft veggies. I have not done so well with chicken however. I suppose I could bring a meal just for myself, but I would really like to bring a dish I can share with the whole family. 

MichelleNC
on 3/30/13 6:11 am

What about her ricotta mixture w sauce?

does everyone know you had surgery? Are you able to tolerate any meat? I would bring your own items so you know what you have to work with. Bring a sf jello or pudding for a "dessert" and bring your game face LOL. This is going to be tough but when you feel tempted or sad you can't eat like you used to think of what next Easter will bring. A healthier you, shopping in amazing stores, and you will be able to tolerate other foods.

my game plan for tomorrow has started. I am baking every dessert dish we have in the house I did cupcakes, cakes, blueberry muffins, 8 packages of ready to bake cookies just to get them out of the house. So whatever is left tomorrow is going to friends and  the rest will be tossed. I don't want it in my house! Good luck to you tomorrow and Happy Easter!

Michelle
Did the happy dance onto the Loser's Bench March 18, 2013!

Visit my blog at http://skinnyundermyfat.blogspot.com/

Angela_Italiana
on 3/30/13 6:16 am - CA
RNY on 03/04/13

Thanks for your reply! I am actually not at all worried about eating anything that wont be good for me. Honestly, hunger hasn't been an issue with me since surgery, even when it is right in my face. I am just trying to figure out a good recipe for me to eat, and to share with family. Only my immediate family knows I have had surgery. It may not be possible to find one this early out, but I thought I would see if anyone had suggestions that may work for this particular situation.

I love your game plan for tomorrow, Happy Easter!

Brenda S.
on 3/30/13 6:22 am - FL
RNY on 04/09/13
How about a deli tray and deviled eggs?

Angela_Italiana
on 3/30/13 6:43 am - CA
RNY on 03/04/13
I am honestly not trying to be difficult here, but eggs and I do not mix! Been that way since I was a kid. Thank you so much for the suggestion, for anyone else that would be an outstanding idea
JaneJetson60
on 3/30/13 8:37 am
RNY on 05/07/12

Ok, question: Are there going to be other family members there that don't know about the surgery?  If so, don't you think they aren't going to notice you not eating much of anything?  Remember that this is going to be the new normal as far as food gatherings.  It isn't important that you bring any item you and the family can eat right yet. If you wish to make a great dish that you know all will enjoy, do it.  Realize though you need to bring something for you.  This dinner is about gathering of loved ones and if you come from a family who do these large gatherings of food it may be tough at times.  Even if you aren't hungry and you don't like eggs, if you make  delicious deviled eggs, don't deny them of your yummy dish.  I had surgery one week before Mother's Day last year and the first holidays I think are the most difficult to get through.  We haven't developed a mindset or pattern yet.  Down the road there will not be whole a lot you can't have.  Good luck!  Jane  

Kellysnewlife
on 3/30/13 6:46 am - LA
RNY on 08/15/12

What about one of the many versions of mini egg cups?  Simple to make and little crustless quiches are always a hit on a buffet.

Tt165
on 3/30/13 6:46 am - West Terre Haute, IN

I will be enjoying a deviled egg and SF jello during Easter dinner... 

Good luck tomorrow:) 

Carpe Diem:)

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 333 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 371 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 21 replies · 232 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?