snack advice

charlem
on 3/28/13 9:42 am - GA
RNY on 12/27/12

Hey everyone!!!

I am 3 months out and am so tired of the normal snacks i have been confined to! I eat greek yogurt, sugar free jello/pudding, cheese sticks, and sugar free sherbet, all of which are tasty but after 3 months straight of them one could grow bored of eating the same things. Help me with some snack suggestions or recipes. I want to stay healthy and not venture back into bad eating habits. I like things that are semi sweet or have a crunch to them as well.

selhard
on 3/28/13 10:07 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

Here's some snack ideas that might be okay for 3 months out:  nuts (cashews or peanuts chew up the best), sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, wheat thins, sugarfree frozen fruit bars, protein bars (read labels), peeled apple with cheese or a banana with peanut butter, cottage cheese.

As far as a quick and easy snack recipe--here's a recipe for PROTEIN BALLS:    1/2 cup creamy peanut butter, 1/2 cup quick oatmeal, 1/2 scoop any flavor protein powder (chocolate is good) and two single packs of Splenda.  Microwave the peanut butter in medium bowl a few seconds to make the peanut butter soft enough to stir in the remaining ingredients.  Roll into teaspoon-sized balls.  Wrap protein balls individually in plastic wrap and store in refrigerator.

charlem
on 3/28/13 10:10 am - GA
RNY on 12/27/12

I am going to have to try the protein balls out that sounds like a good idea however after going through the worst pain ever after eating nuts about three weeks ago I think it will be a very long time before I try those again!

Allen Y.
on 3/28/13 10:15 am - Garland, TX

I simply love Asian Pears, apples are good. Look at the recipes on 'The Biggest Looser" website. I love the sweet potato with salsa one. It sounds gross, but it's simply delightful.

HaoleGirl119
on 3/28/13 10:39 pm
Im 14 months out and still have trouble eating fruit. Especially apples and pears.. at 3 months out I wasnt even cleared for them
HaoleGrl119

charlem
on 3/28/13 11:25 pm - GA
RNY on 12/27/12
I agree....me and fruit are major enemies!!!
Dee.spunk
on 3/28/13 10:47 am - Sacramento, CA
I eat sweet peppers, broccoli, PB, carrots, snow peas. Mmm...

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

poet_kelly
on 3/28/13 11:12 am - OH

Right this minute, I am enjoying some roasted chickpeas with salt and garlic.  They are a great crunchy salty snack.

I also like nuts, frozen berries, cappuccino protein shakes, melted mozzarella cheese (I just put a handful of shredded cheese on a small plate and nuke it - it may sound weird, but it's all warm and gooey and yummy - my cats and dog love it, too!), protein bars, and bell pepper strips with hummus for snacks.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active
Recent Topics