Surgery yesterday and feeling great.

optimistic34
on 4/1/13 9:58 pm - AL

Had surgery yesterday and i am feeling really good.  I have been walking the halls since a couple of hours after surgery and was finally able to have a popsicle and water at 5 this morning. I think that was the best popsicle I have ever had. Thanks again everyone for your support and experience.

HW 245/ SW 242/ GW 145/ SURGERY DATE 04/01/13   

The_girl_next_door
on 4/1/13 10:04 pm
I am so glad you are doing well. Congrads!
lumina99
on 4/1/13 10:33 pm - ME

That`s great!!! Keep it up!

Laura A.

karenp8
on 4/1/13 11:06 pm - Brighton, IL

Keep walking-that's the best thing you can do to feel better. Welcome to the loser's bench!

dahoodman
on 4/2/13 1:06 am - VA
RNY on 03/26/13

I'm glad you are doing well. As others have said walking is the best thing you can do. I just got out 5 days ago myself. I will tell you that I made a post at 8 and 29 hours after surgery and was feeling just like you. I had some other issues after those posts, but let me say that after I was disconnected from the "good stuff" and put on liquid pain meds my attitude diminished somewhat. I'm only saying this to warn you to be ready for a little bit (stressing little bit here) of a downslide. After my 29 hour post I didn't want to post again. Today is the first day I've really felt like being back on the computer and OH. Hopefully that was just my experience and you will do much better. 

Make sure you do what the doctor(s) and nurses tell you to do. All the walking, breathing, whatever. Once piece of advice I can give you is that if you have a nurse that you feel is not doing his/her job, let someone know IMMEDIATELY. Do not tolerate a nurse not doing the job. I did and paid the price more so emotionally than physically, but just the same tell someone.

[Highest: 303] [Surgery Day: 295] [Current: 199.8] [Goal: 180][To Go: 19.8[Height: 5' 8"]

I have a tendency to wear my mind on my sleeve   

I have a history of losing my shirt Barenaked Ladies - One Week

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 341 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 373 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 338 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 260 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?