2 days post op

lolosmith
on 4/3/13 11:44 pm - GA
RNY on 04/02/13
I had surgery Tuesday and it wasn't bad at all. Woke up with some pain, but the morphine drip kicked in quickly. The nurse had me up and walking one hour after I got to my room. It wasn't bad. And then I slept! Even with the interruptions throughout the night I slept. I also quit using the morphine Tuesday night. They had started me on a Tylenol and something else drip and it worked just fine. It just felt like I'd done sit ups. That's it. No real pain at all. I had lots of energy and felt really good. I came home Wednesday night and was able to lay in my bed with no problems. I did take some pain meds before going to sleep because I was in a little pain. My incisions are so small. I keep wondering if my surgery actually happened? Is that normal?
ToNewBeginnings
on 4/3/13 11:49 pm

There are others who feel the way you do, wondering if their  surgery even happened. Consider yourself fortunate. Others are in a lot of pain for a couple of days or more. -You're normal

Dee.spunk
on 4/4/13 12:03 am - Sacramento, CA
Congrats! Sounds like you're doing just fine. I had no pain either and felt great. So much so, that I also wondered if they had really done the surgery. I thought maybe they had just made little cuts in my stomach. But then when I tried to eat I couldn't so I knew it had been done. But I had the se thoughts, so yeah, it's normal. Lots of people come out of surgery thinking, "did they really do it?!"

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

netnay
on 4/4/13 1:54 am
RNY on 03/27/13

Iam 8 days out from surgery. I am so glad I am not the only one that feels this way. I was starting to think that nothing had been done. I have 6 small incisions and I had some pain in the beginning. I am still trying to take it slow so I won't mess myself up though but I feel good.

(deactivated member)
on 4/4/13 2:58 am

Y'all are so encouraging to pre-ops like me. Can't wait to post my experience on April 17th!

jjordan3
on 4/4/13 9:52 am - greenfield, IN
RNY on 03/25/13

I felt pretty good in the hospital, I was pretty doped up and loving it, lol.  Once I got home though the longer I went on the more sick I started getting.  I'm feeling better today but it's been a struggle! (8 days out)

Surgery Date: March 25, 2013

Most Active
Recent Topics