hunger?!?!

mysguided_angel
on 4/6/13 1:28 pm - Brampton, Canada

hi all,

im not sure why but i keep constantly feeling hungry every 1-2 hours or so. ive tried to curve my appetite with tea and water. im getting so annoyed and worried about stretching my pouch >< nothing is working, anyone has a solution or tip? please and thank you

Susan2012
on 4/6/13 1:33 pm

When I was early out I used my protein drinks. It really kept me full for awhile. I did eat every 3 to 4 hours but only a small amount   Like 1/4 to 1/2 cup..

poet_kelly
on 4/7/13 1:06 am - OH

You won't stretch your pouch unless you eat large amounts at one time.  What do you eat in a typical meal?  How much protein are you getting?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Julia P.
on 4/7/13 2:20 am - Canada
RNY on 10/16/12

I don't think it's a bad thing to have something to eat every 2 hours.  That's pretty much the way I eat each day (Breakfast, Snack, Lunch, Snack, Dinner, Snack).  I stay below 1,000 calories for the day, and am within my carb and protein targets, too.  So instead of drinking tea/water, why don't you try having a dense protein snack between meals?

Referral - December 2011 * Orientation TWH - March 13th, 2012 * Nurse Practitioner - April 17th, 2012 * Nutrition Class - April 17th, 2012 * Social Worker - April 24th, 2012 * Dietician - May 1st, 2012 * Psych - May 1st, 2012 * Surgeon - August 17th, 2012 * PATTS - Sept. 12th, 2012 * SURGERY TEGH, Dr. Cyriac - October 16th, 2012

Starting Weight - 320 lbs   *   Current Weight - 178 lbs  *  Goal Weight - 165 lbs 

thynnlynn
on 4/7/13 3:35 am - MI

I am never hungry, ever and have to remind myself to eat.  In a perfect world, this would stay......forever.

Blessings,   Lynn    

Band to RnY - 3/13/13

mysguided_angel
on 4/7/13 5:45 am - Brampton, Canada

thank you for the reminder....i keep forgetting to take the protein...i try to consume as much meat as possible bc i cant stand the protein shake (it's too sweet). i was starting to worry about the artificial sweetener increasing my appetite (although i dont use a lot of it, but i still add it to tea and such). thank you for the reminders. i was worried bc im only 7 weeks out and no seems to be having the issue...and at every turn, everyone is always talking about stretching the pouch so im super conscious now.  

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 291 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 216 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 283 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 145 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 216 views