Stricture Question

Angela_Italiana
on 4/13/13 10:06 am - CA
RNY on 03/04/13
Hi all! Has anyone on here had a stricture? If so, can you describe your symptoms? I have been searching the Internet and all the information given is pretty vague.

Thank you!
Debbie C.
on 4/13/13 10:11 am - Bradford, MA
RNY on 10/10/12

I have had 3 strictures, it feels like the food just get stuck and has nowhere to go, I would end up throwing up. I felt it almost immediatly after eating. I have had 3 endoscopies with balloon dilation since November. Are you having symptoms?

Angela_Italiana
on 4/13/13 10:18 am - CA
RNY on 03/04/13
Yes, the amount of food I have been able to eat has drastically decreased. Two bites and it feels like there is a weight in my stomach. And if I don't throw it up, then I start constantly burping, sometimes burping up food (not pleasent!). Even water is now causing me to burp after every sip where has before I had no problems getting it all in. Not sure if this is just part of the healing process or something more. I see my surgeon on Tuesday, but wanted to get some info ahead of time.
Angela_Italiana
on 4/13/13 10:20 am - CA
RNY on 03/04/13
To add, I am very good about chewing thoroughly and not drinking with my meal. And if I don't throw up, I can burp up food sometimes an hour later.
Debbie C.
on 4/13/13 10:25 am - Bradford, MA
RNY on 10/10/12

You might have a stricture, I had my first one about 6 weeks out. It can be very frustrating, but you will feel better once they do the endoscopy and open it up.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 256 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 270 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 314 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 272 views