4 days post op - burning pain in lower right abdomen

iwanttochangemylife
on 4/12/13 8:15 am - Acton, MA
RNY on 04/08/13

Hello, I had my RNY on Monday, April 8. I'm still on pain meds but whenever I move, I get a burning pain in my lower right side, under one of my incisions. Is this normal?

Momma1991
on 4/12/13 8:36 am - Hamilton, NJ
RNY on 04/08/13

Hello, I don't know weather or not if it is normal persay, But I had my surgery do on April 8th 2013 as well. And let me tell you, I am on pain medicine as well. I am now on nausea medicine too.  All I did the first 2 days after surgery is throw up. I am now home. I came home today actually, And I had a few bites of jello and some of that Isopure drink and i am suffering from nasuea once again. Thank gosh no throwing up though. I would contact your doctor who did your surgery and ask him or her what your feelng. When in doubt always call your doctor.!

iwanttochangemylife
on 4/12/13 8:59 am - Acton, MA
RNY on 04/08/13

Thank you for responding Momma. I'm sorry you are suffering with nausea. I am lucky not to have that issue and am able to keep my liquids down. One thing I am experiencing is regular food cravings. This puzzles me because I am full after my protein shake. I'm hoping it will pass. Hang in there and hope you feel better soon.

phyl9
on 4/13/13 2:46 pm

I had my surgery Tuesday 4/9- and just Friday night was the first time food started smelling good- and today saturday  was the first time I could say I was a bit hungry- but I realised it was 99% "head hunger"- not real, stomach gurgling hunger!

I had an Unjury protein chicken broth- 1 cup- and I was golden! I have a co-worker who didn't follow all the diet recommendations & she advanced too fast & too much- she ended up with an obstruction & had to go back to surgery- so now I know why they really mean it when they tell you what to eat & when to eat it! Hang in there!

mani_heart
on 4/12/13 8:36 am
RNY on 03/18/13

Things will definately be tender where they cut or possibly from a stitch.  I am almost 4 weeks out and if I move a certain way, I sometimes still get a sharp burning pain where the incision is.

iwanttochangemylife
on 4/12/13 9:01 am - Acton, MA
RNY on 04/08/13

Thank you, that does make sense. I'm not too worried because I don't have redness or fever. Thank you for your feedback!

tarsanne
on 4/12/13 1:02 pm - MO
I have a good friend that's an RN and I just asked her the same thing less than an hour ago! I am feeling burning and sometimes it feels like bee stings. She said that's normal healing. I had surgery Tuesday.
mamabug70
on 4/13/13 1:09 am - Kansas City, MO
RNY on 03/25/13

I am almost 3 weeks out and still have the same pain.  Took an extra week off hoping it goes away.

Amy

HW 308 SW 290 CW 151 GW 150

iwanttochangemylife
on 4/13/13 2:01 am - Acton, MA
RNY on 04/08/13

Thank you all! I don't have the pain today which is encouraging!

Most Active
Recent Topics