5 almost 6 week stall

lilisasmith3
on 4/17/13 1:41 pm
RNY on 01/31/13
I am trying to behave and be patient. I go to the gym and/or walk 6 days a week. I'm getting in my protein and fluids and my scale isn't moving. My docs office keeps telling me to relax but it's just so disheartening. I just don't get why I'm not losing like crazy.
MrsLitch
on 4/17/13 2:00 pm - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12

How long has it been since you lost weight (5-6 weeks? or that's how far you are out?)? It's normal to have plateaus with weight loss, a stall is at least 4 weeks with no weight loss, which does happen to many at some point in their first year.

How many g of protein are you getting in? How many calories? What does a typical day's menu look like? Are you taking in enough calories to support your work outs without your body going into starvation mode?

If the answers to all those questions are good then you have nothing to worry about, weight goes down in steps not a straight line. I know it must be hard to deal with but unfortunately it's the reality. Take your measurements while the weight isn't dropping. Many state they see the inches go down while the weight stands still.

The avg weightloss is 3-5 pounds a week but if you lose 12 pounds in 10 days and nothing for 20 you are still in the avg range. Look at percentage of excess weight loss vs actual pounds that often helps

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

yary500
on 4/17/13 3:04 pm
RNY on 03/14/13
In also fustrated in 1 month and a week and all i lost was 15 pounds and now the scales says i gain 3 so what d heck is going on?
jackie M.
on 4/17/13 3:17 pm - Sunbury, PA
RNY on 10/10/12

I'm in a stall, too.  mine has been for 8 wks... I am so frustrated I could scream.  I lost 43 lbs since my surgery on Oct 10, 2012.  I am beginning to think I will be stuck at the size I am.  I feel like I am gaining, but the scales do not say that.  

HW 284.5, SW 247, GW 140       

yary500
on 4/17/13 3:19 pm
RNY on 03/14/13
Judy N.
on 4/17/13 3:56 pm - Jacksonville, Fl

I hit a plateau for 6 weeks too... you're probably at a weight your body recognizes... it will pass....trust me.... 10 years out today and still maintaining :)  Just keep track of your weight on a chart, and even though you plateau, you'll be able to plot a downward trend.  Just keep following the plan and it will come.  there is no way at this point that you can NOT lose weight :)  I'll bet if you ignore the scale for a while, and just pay attention to how your body is responding, weight shifting, and clothes are loosening, you'll be far calmer.  I know it's hard :) 

Most Active
Recent Topics