inflamed old stomach

SadieMaesMom
on 4/18/13 8:26 am
May 22 will be my 4th year anniversary. I have never had any problems or issues until now. I consider myself to be a success story. Losing 190 lbs and holding at a 160lb loss. Today I went to the ER because of pain in upper left side of stomach. Turns out after necular scan that my old stomach is inflamed. The ER Dr. said he has never seen this before. He called my surgeon and I have apt with him Tue. I wanted to ask if anyone has had or heard of this? I never really thought about the old stomach before today.
H.A.L.A B.
on 4/18/13 9:52 am
Good luck. It may be nothing serious, but it is great you following with the doc.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 4/18/13 10:43 am - OH

You can get ulcers in your remnant stomach, and inflammation can be a precursor to an ulcer, so it surprises me a little that the ER doctor has never seen it before... but maybe your ER doesn't service a lot of RNY folks.  Hopefully it is something that can be treated non-surgically.  Let us know what you find out.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 62 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 243 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 298 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 258 views