popcorn

yary500
on 4/20/13 3:03 am
RNY on 03/14/13
Ok yesterday i ate popcorn but i was eating n dint even felt like a was eating nothing dint feel full dump or anything. I probably ate aboutl over a cup of it.i had to stop myself. Wtf can u really eat all that. Lately i been feeling more hungry.
MyLady Heidi
on 4/20/13 3:13 am

Oh course, it chews up to nothing so you can eat quite a bit.  Should you eat it early out.  No.  Just because you can eat something doesn't mean you should.  There is zero health benefit to eating popcorn.

poet_kelly
on 4/20/13 3:20 am - OH

I wouldn't expect you to dump on popcorn, unless it was caramel corn or something.  Usually popcorn doesn't have any sugar added to it, so you wouldn't dump on it.

You know how popcorn is mostly air?  If you chewed it up and spit it into a measure cup (ick, I know), how much would there have been?  A lot less than a cup, right?  That's why you can eat a lot of it.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

poet_kelly
on 4/20/13 3:21 am - OH

Oh, I just noticed your surgery was about five weeks ago.  Is popcorn on your plan already?

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

yary500
on 4/20/13 3:31 am
RNY on 03/14/13
Well d Dr said there is no restriction on what to eat at this point. He said eat as tolerated of course he said try to make good food choices. But hey im not perfect and we all eat wrong ones in a while during this long journey.

poet_kelly
on 4/20/13 3:32 am - OH

I don't think popcorn is a bad food choice, I was just wondering about eating it so early.  I wasn't on a regular diet until six weeks out, but even though, I was having too much trouble getting enough protein to eat snacks like popcorn.

bbearsmama
on 4/20/13 8:54 am
RNY on 02/28/13

I was wondering about when to eat popcorn as well. I SO love it but I haven't had it since well before surgery. My plan is regular food as tolerated from week 5 on. But I still struggle with getting my protein in so I guess I'm not ready.

Pam

"B" bears' mama from Texas
Follow my journey on youtube: "bbearsmama" 

SW: 210 CW: 123.6

yary500
on 4/20/13 3:38 am
RNY on 03/14/13
Yes i do have trouble eating all d proteins to not because they don't fit in my pouch cuz in pretty sure my pouch can take more than what i really eat. I just try to do a shake a day. It was d first time i ate popcorn and it was because i when out to d theater with my son and husband so u know how tempted u can get lol.
Most Active
Recent Topics