What are you eating?? At 6 week post op.

sookietina83
on 4/16/13 8:19 pm - Germany

I have eaten shrimp , chicken , eggs, bread mash potatoes broccoli califlower Chilli chicken wraps tomatoes steak and turkey burgers. I need some other things to try. Ideas please.

angeleigh
on 4/16/13 8:50 pm - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

First off I would try to avoid breads, tortillas, pasta, rice, ect for as long as you can. Try mashed cauliflower instead of the mashed potatoes. By 6 weeks I was eating pretty much all normal foods. I love to do Hamburger patty cooked with mushrooms.  We do taco meat, cooked, drained, then add a can of refried beans to it and heat the heat and beans together, then sprinkle some cheese on top.  Ricotta cheese with spaghetti  sauce, Tuna fish, turkey breast with gravy, PB with apple slices.

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

aquapeach
on 4/16/13 10:59 pm - Germany
RNY on 03/13/13

Ive had a salad with shrimp, shrimp and grits, chicken, veggie protein crumbles, eggs, mashed potatoes, all kinds of soups, refried beans , ricotta bake , boca burger-( although I didnt eat much of it ) . Ive had a small amount of rice w/hamburger from a stuffed bell pepper. Cheese sticks and pizza sauce. Ham, turkey, tuna salad, egg salad. Im sure there is more.. I have had a little amount of pasta chopped up with tomatoes and spaghetti sauce one night. Oh and chicken enchilada. yummm!!  If you come up with some good ideas - or recipes- message me with them.. hope you are feeling better! .

Eva1230
on 4/17/13 12:06 am
Almost anything.
I can handle salad, chicken, hamburger meat and trying pork today even though its not on my list(PCP and surgeon encouraged due to low b1)
Took my son to out to eat last night our first time and I ordered off kids menu and only ate half.
crazedteacher
on 4/17/13 1:44 am - SC

There are alot of good recipes on www.bariatricfoodie.com

sookietina83
on 4/17/13 3:26 pm - Germany

Thanks guys. Those are wonderful ideas.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 481 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 405 views
What's on your Monday Menu?