What to eat??

Amarieware
on 4/28/13 11:03 am
RNY on 04/01/13
What is everyone eating?? I'm just not sure what to eat.. Drs just want me to make sure I eat.. Help give me some ideas please!! Thank you
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 4/28/13 11:10 am - OH

Your surgeon did not give you a food plan?!?  You need to call them in the morning first thing and get one. Different surgeons have different plans that vary a LOT.  I, for example, was eating soft foods on Day Three and chicken after the first week, while other surgeons require purées for several weeks.  You need to eat what YOUR surgeon's plan calls for  for however far out from surgery you are.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Amarieware
on 4/28/13 11:14 am
RNY on 04/01/13
I have a food plan... I'm really just asking for ideas that's all.. Recipes!! Lol
Only things I can't eat are bread, cereal, crackers, sugars, soda.... Etc etc
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 4/28/13 1:39 pm - OH

Ok, that makes more sense (but we HAVE had people come here who get home from surgery and have no idea what they are supposed to eat/drink)!

I'm not much help on recipes or meal ideas because, even at almost 6 years out, I still eat lots of simple, whole foods rather than anything requiring recipes (e.g., simple marinated grilled chicken breasts with a veggie rather than some type of chicken casserole or some type of "smothered" chicken).

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Amarieware
on 4/28/13 1:43 pm
RNY on 04/01/13
Oh I know I've seen their posts...
Thank you for those ideas!!
selhard
on 4/28/13 1:26 pm - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

Recipes?  Many can be found online:  bariatricfoodie, theworldaccordingtoeggface, skinnytaste, hungry-girl, sparkrecipes. (there are other sites, no doubt)  I usually end up eating single food meals like:  yogurt, cottage cheese, nuts, string cheese, tuna, meat with a vegetable side, milk with protein powder.  One recipe I use often is chili.... one pound browned hamburger with chopped onion to your taste, one 15 ounce can tomato sauce, one 15 ounce can kidney beans, one tablespoon chili powder.

Amarieware
on 4/28/13 1:36 pm
RNY on 04/01/13
Thank you very much!!
Candy V.
on 4/28/13 11:38 pm - MI
RNY on 09/12/12

I also eat simple foods.  Cottage cheese with fruit is a standby.  Dannon lite and fit greek yogurt.  Deli turkey with light cream cheese and a dill pickle rolled up together.  Cheese sticks or slices.  nuts.  protein shakes.   apple slices with peanut butter.

hope this helps :)

RNY 9/12    TT 9/13    HT 5' 4"   HW 250    SW 242   CW 125

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want a group invite?  Send a PM  

Amarieware
on 4/29/13 12:29 am
RNY on 04/01/13
Thank you Candy V!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics