PROTEIN IS CERTAINLY NOT A NEW TOPIC BUT I FOUND...

MoonFlower24n7
on 4/22/13 7:51 am

I know how difficult it is to get in the recommended amounts of protein in order to maintain muscle mass etc.  I wanted to share about 2 protein shakes I use regularly.  The first one is great for newbies just because it's only 11 FL ounces.  It's called EAS AdvantEDGE Carb Control.  It only has 110 calories, 3 net carbs and 17 grams of protein.  The second one is EAS MYOPLEX BUILD MUSCLE.  This one is 17 FL ounces, 20 carbs and a whopping 42 grams of protein.  It's a little bit high in carbs but as a meal  the ratios are great!  (for me with a boiled egg, leafy greens, celery most any green veggie except peas. Peas are high in carbs!)  They both taste alot better than protein powder shakes.  It's a bit pricey but worth it for me especially when I'm on the go.  I buy it at Wal Mart because it's very expensive in health food stores. 

I also wanted to share something else...My sister is a health NUT and a fantastic cook.  Her 2 kids had never eaten a hot dog or ANY FAST FOOD until they were teenagers!  She taught me how to make a simple,delicious, healthy salad dressing.  It's one part red wine vinegar to 3 parts extra virgin olive oil, Finely chopped garlic (to your taste), a dollop of Grey Poupon mustard, salt and pepper.  Just mix it all together and you have a tasty alternative to processed dressings!  You can also use it as a marinade for beef or baked chicken.

Well, that's it.  Wishing everybody a fantastic day and remember...We are not on a diet...We were given a gift...a tool to re-learn a different LIFESTYLE!

Jen~

Dee.spunk
on 4/22/13 9:08 am - Sacramento, CA
Oooh! That dressing sounds good! I may try it...

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/22/13 9:43 am
EAS are mostly soy proteins... Ouch.. Thanks but no thanks.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Cherokeesage
on 4/22/13 8:35 pm
RNY on 02/24/12

thanks for recipe

Banded  Oct 2008:  290       
RNY Feb 2012:        245    
Dr's set goal:            170 reached Oct 11, 2012
My goal:                     160  reached Dec 1, 2012
Today :                       145-150

I am half the person I was in 2008.

shannonigan
on 4/23/13 12:38 am - Tooele, UT