Carbs

molly3613
on 4/30/13 3:51 am - TX
RNY on 01/24/13
How many carbs should I be eating daily. I am 3 months out. I meet with the surgeon May 6th but would like to know what you guys recommend. I have lost 50 lbs and had RNY January 24th.

Gilly68
on 4/30/13 8:52 am - Central, IL
RNY on 12/03/12

I don't count calories or carbs. I am careful not to eat foods high in sugar. I only allow myself the occasional treat of multigrain crackers or tortillas. Other that that, I just ensure that I get my protein in daily. That is the only "counting" I do.

Brenda S.
on 4/30/13 9:55 am - FL
RNY on 04/09/13
I was just told to try to keep it 16g or less per meal.

michelle M.
on 5/1/13 8:19 am - oakdale, PA
RNY on 01/17/13

I was told not to eat anything with more than 5 grams of sugar.  They didn't tell me how many carbs to eat in a day.  They had a fit when they saw that the protein drink i was using had 10 or 11 grams of carbs and then i was mixing it with skim milk.... I quit that real quick...haha  Now i Just follow the guidelines.  If it has more that 5 sugars then it's a no-no.  I can eat fruit though.  it doesn't seem to count the same way.

Good luck and it seems like you are doing great with your weight loss.

Michelle

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/1/13 10:30 am - OH

I was told there was no need to count carbs... that if I made good, healthy, balanced food choices (and avoided "white" foods), there was no need to worry about it.  I didn't, and still don't almost 6 years later (and it has not affected me maintaining my weight loss).

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
Recent Topics