Home from the hospital

ecrea007
on 5/2/13 9:43 am - marietta, GA

Surgery on Monday went well. They finally started the surgery a little after 3 with me being the last case. I was in and out of it till about 2am.  I walked towards the end of the day. Felt much better after I started passing gas! The JP drain being pulled out before I left the hospital was... meh. I wouldn't say it hurt- but I would say it was extremely uncomfortable. I started full liquids today and seem to be doing just fine- I feel like my whole day revolves around what I should be sipping on.

My concerns:

I have this HORRIBLE pain in the left side (yes, I know that's where my stomach is and where most of the action during the surgery happened) It hurts mainly when  I try to get up.

Any tips?

MrsLitch
on 5/2/13 10:47 am - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12
Congrats, the left side pain will just take awhile to go away. For me thats where the camera was and he said it gets more movement and would hurt the worst. I used a heating pad on mine helped a little bit, pain meds were only needed by me past the hospital stay because of that pain.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

carmonallen
on 5/2/13 2:53 pm
RNY on 04/29/13

I too just had my surgery on monday and came to this site because of the same pain!  I did not have a JP drain but the pain in my upper left side is sooo bad.I have noticed that when I take my lortab every 4 hours, its more tolerable.  I dont know how long we will have this pain but I hope it leaves soon.  I am passing gas but I have not had any bowel movement yet since sunday before my surgery.

Most Active
Recent Topics