Six weeks out.... Help lol

NSULArry
on 5/7/13 4:02 am - LA
RNY on 04/02/13

Sooooo, Idk.... food pretty much disgust me at this point..... well meat specifically.... All meat the meat i have tried, ALL OF IT... i have tried tuna, chicken, ground beef, shrimp, and crab meat.  because of this i have really been staying on top of my protein shakes.  honestly i'd love a salad.... lol only think i have really been craving is like bread lol.... i am terrified of it honestly, so it is not an option to try, but i hae gotten the bad habit of "Chew and spit" with huge huge cravings. ( lol i don't do it often i promise, but i did it with a piece of bacon yesterday, and like last week with a piece of a buttery biscuit)

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

MrsLitch
on 5/7/13 4:13 am - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12

Chewing and spitting is NOT okay and can lead to eating disorders I'd suggest stopping the behavior or get counseling before it becomes a problem.

I do have to ask why you chewed and spit the bacon though? It's protein, chew it and swallow! Bacon was a life saver for me at about your stage. As long as I nuked it til crispy and blotted off the grease it went down well. I ate it for 3 mo on a regular basis.

Have you tried a steak? roast? how about ham? Keep going until you find something that works for you. If meat isn't working, how about eggs, cottage cheese, yogurt, beans, chili or anything else that has protein in it?

Stay away from the breads, as much as you want them you are doing well avoiding them. I have to admit food doesn't do much for me since surgery, it's amazing how few things "sound" good. I think it's that way for many as you'll see posts about what people eat and it's the same thing day after day. I've found when something works for me I eat it, until I'm tired of it and move on to something else. At your stage it was bacon and ground beef with a tablespoon or two of ragu and some parmesan cheese. At this point it's garlic skirt steak, I eat it several times a week.

Good Luck!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

dahoodman
on 5/7/13 4:32 am - VA
RNY on 03/26/13

BACON!!! I SMELL BACON!!!

I love bacon and I eat it too!! Oh I don't know why someone would chew and spit devil, what a waste. Hey I never thought about chewing and spitting would be something that could/would lead to a disorder. That's a great point to bring up. I've often thought about doing it a time or two before I had my surgery when I was yo-yo dieting. It just didn't seem worth it so I just ate it!!

Oh and let me tell you, you must give me your recipe for garlic skirt steak please please please. I'm drooling right now thinking about it. 

[Highest: 303] [Surgery Day: 295] [Current: 199.8] [Goal: 180][To Go: 19.8[Height: 5' 8"]

I have a tendency to wear my mind on my sleeve   

I have a history of losing my shirt Barenaked Ladies - One Week

NSULArry
on 5/7/13 4:35 am - LA
RNY on 04/02/13

Lol that bacon was great, i was afraid of it, so i didn't wanna risk dealing with dumping in a room full of people (college studen lol we had breakfast last night), lol so i acted like i had a phone call and went outside and spit it. but i will deff give bacon a try when i'm alone, lol

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

dahoodman
on 5/7/13 4:54 am - VA
RNY on 03/26/13

I wouldn't think you would dump with bacon unless maybe and that's a big maybe, if it is sugar cured but even then one piece shouldn't be a problem I wouldn't think. I know that biscuits are delicious, but you can't eat those. I know you know it because you spit it out. angry But hey really watch that spitting out stuff. I think MrsLitch gave some excellent advice there.

[Highest: 303] [Surgery Day: 295] [Current: 199.8] [Goal: 180][To Go: 19.8[Height: 5' 8"]

Ocalasam
on 5/7/13 4:40 am
RNY on 12/18/12

You are doing good on your weight loss - keep it up!  Don't spit out bacon - that is probably against some law!  I eat bacon - love turkey bacon!  Have you tried lunch meat, sliced very thin? 

Garlic skirt steak recipe PLEASE!!!

dahoodman
on 5/7/13 4:47 am - VA
RNY on 03/26/13

"Don't spit out bacon - that is probably against some law!"

I agree!!

abrannume
on 5/7/13 5:37 am - willingboro, NJ
RNY on 04/04/12
On May 7, 2013 at 11:47 AM Pacific Time, dahoodman wrote:

"Don't spit out bacon - that is probably against some law!"

I agree!!

I think that is against the law.  Your sentence - One serving of bacon for breakfast! indecisionindecision

dahoodman
on 5/7/13 9:37 am - VA
RNY on 03/26/13

Like a death sentence!!!!!

sadcock
on 5/7/13 5:25 am

How are you doing with other proteins like eggs, cottage cheese, yogurt and peanut butter (on a banana), for example? Proceed slowly and chew thoroughly. Make sure you are doing the tuna and chicken very moist.....chicken thighs (boneless and skinless) and tuna mixed with soft boiled eggs, mayo or salad dressing and such.

Dry foods will stick in your pouch sometimes and not be well tolerated. I can tell you this from experience.....it will get better!!! Hang in there.

Most Active