Vitamin schedule - is this acceptable??!

molly3613
on 5/17/13 10:45 pm - TX
RNY on 01/24/13
I would appreciate it if you guys would check out my vitamin regiment. My d3 was 43 at labs a month ago so I am trying to bump that number up. I was also low on zinc for some reason and the doc just said "get some zinc at Walgreens and take it" which was not too helpful...but I made a pirchase with the help of the pharmacist. So here is what I am planning:
8 am - bariatric advantage multi chewable orange flavor
bariatric advantage calcium citrite chewable chocolate (pretty good)
12 noon - bariatric advantage calcium citrite chewable chocolate
6 pm - bariatric advantage multi chewable orange flavor
bariatric advantage calcium citrite chewable chocolate
9 pm - sundown naturals perfect iron 50 mg with kirkland vitamin c 500 mg
biotech vitamin d3-50 50,000 iu (3x/week - M W F)
now foods zinc glauconite 50 mg (2x/week - T TH)

I also ordered a nifty 32 oz. water bottle that should make this fluid challenge a little easier. So I hope I did this right. I just threw out the wild cherry calcium chews as they gagged me. While these chocolate are not exactly gourmet treats they are infinitely better to me than the cherry.

angeleigh
on 5/17/13 11:55 pm, edited 5/17/13 11:58 pm - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

I would take the biotech vitamin d3-50 50,000 iu (3x/week - M W F),now foods zinc glauconite 50 mg (2x/week - T TH), with your multi in the mornings. I was told not to take anything other than Vit C with the Iron. But what about B12? Are you taking that at all.

and for that calcium each one is only 250mg, you would need to take 8 of them a day to get 2000mg.

Also forgot to ask are you taking any other meds? You have to be careful about taking other things with some vitamins. Like I cant take my Thyroid meds with in 6 hours of my Iron.  So now I take that at 630am, and then start my vitamins 2-3 hours later.

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

poet_kelly
on 5/18/13 3:23 am - OH

That is fine.

There is no reason not to take D3 with iron.

You do need B12, though.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

molly3613
on 5/18/13 4:02 am - TX
RNY on 01/24/13

I forgot to post the b12.  I take 1,000 twin lab dots sublingual each night.  Thanks for the input Kelly.  I like this schedule and the chocolate calcium. The cherry was thrown out this morning.  $$$$$ but I just couldn't hack it anymore.

Most Active
Recent Topics