Syntrax Nectar?

PaintingJoy
on 5/17/13 10:42 pm - GA
RNY on 05/20/13

Hi All

My surgery is on Monday ~ I'm super excited!  At our group pre-op meeting, they gave us a 30 day supply of several things which is very nice!  Wasn't free, but it does include enough protein supplements, multi vitamins, B12 and calcium and a shaker bottle.  So nice not to need to worry about having all these on hand. 

One of the products is Sytrax Nectar and it comes in a LOT of different flavors.  Our NUT told us that the 1st week with the swelling we might find that these are more tolerable than the thicker protein shakes.  I already like the protein shakes (so far like the Unjury best, but still testing.)

Just wondered how many of y'all have used the Syntrax and what's your flavors you like?

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/17/13 10:59 pm - OH

I used to use some of them.  My favorites were the Twisted Cherry and Roadside Lemonade, but I would also periodically get individual packets of the Strawberry Kiwi and Sour Apple. Peach and Carribean Cooler seem to be popular, but I didn't care for them.  I love their Vanilla Bean Torte (which is a milky type one) and still use it along with Unjury Chocolate Splendor (NOT the classic chocolate).

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

eeyoremom2
on 5/17/13 11:45 pm - WI
RNY on 06/01/12

I absolutely love the cappuccino. That is what I buy all the time and still use, I also use the vanilla bean torte, however I usually just add that one to coffee or fruit smotthies for added protein. 

5' 2" HW: 240.2 SW: 234.2 CW: 162.1 GW: 137lbs                  

"No dream is out of reach as long as you believe it."

"With faith all things are possible" 

wrussell3
on 5/18/13 12:11 am - NC

Crystal Sky is my favorite!  Mix it with a little water then top it off with Sprite Zero, it is amazing!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/18/13 3:57 pm - OH

I don't care for the Crystal Sky, but the idea of adding Sprite sounds food People who are new post-ops, of course, aren't going to be able to add the Sprite... So newbies, don't try this at home.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Strjen
on 5/18/13 12:18 am - Fargo, ND
RNY on 02/22/12

I have one Mint Cookie Syntrax Matrix shake in the mornings most every day. I've tried the Cookie's n Crème one too & it's good, my kids love that one. I'm wanting to try some more of their flavors. Syntrax is by far my favorite & most tolerable protein shake, as I don't like the thicker shakes at all.

Highest weight : 315 lbs, Surgery weight: 298.5 lbs, Current weight: 183.5 lbs

baepage
on 5/18/13 1:49 am - MA
RNY on 04/22/13

I use the Nectar chocolate truffle, taste just like chocolate milk to me.  I never cared for any other protein shakes, this one is my favorite.

CosmoK
on 5/18/13 3:11 am

I haven't tried it but I just put a packet of unjury unflavored protein powder with a packet of "4C Totally Light 2 Go Made with Splenda" In Fruit punch flavor and it was actually very good...  Plus they have different flavors and I'm sure you can use Crystal Light flavored packets as well.. just a thought.. However, It's new to me so I will let you know more when I try things hahaha

Highest Weight: 468 Pounds, Pre Op Diet Weight: 436 Pounds, Surgery Weight: 423 Pounds

Surgery Date 5-13-13 with Dr Roy Cobean Portland Maine.. Casco Bay Surgeries!!!  Wonderful place!!

Kat1313
on 5/18/13 3:28 am - Jacksonville , FL
RNY on 04/08/13

I use the Fuzzy Navel (peach/orange) and Strawberry Kiwi.  Tried many different brands and flavors and just couldn't stomach them until I found these two.  They are light and refreshing, sort of like Crystal Lite or Koolaid, not thick or milky.  You can order samples of the different flavors from their website - I think they are about $2.99 - so that way you can try them without buying a huge container of something you might not like.  I'm so glad I did that since I ran into so many that I couldn't tolerate.

LadyLilMax
on 5/18/13 6:36 am - Retirement Ville, AZ

Cappucino, crystal sky and mint chocolate are my favs!  

RNY 12/11/12  HW:230   SW:220   GW:140   CW:130  5ft 1