Exercise,iron,weight

yary500
on 5/19/13 2:07 am
RNY on 03/14/13

Well i been going to the gym again  2 months after surgery. Before that i was trying to walk at least 4 times a week for and hour or so. But i been going to the gym and i feel exhausted i cant be fast enough or keep up with the treadmill or epilectical i get dizzy feel like im going to faint and my heart rate keeps being in d low side so the machine goes to manual. I so want to be ready for the gym but i guess i am not, i also had blood work done and DR said im very low on iron. So im taking iron tablets twice a day. Also havent loss a pound in about 3 weeks can it be the iron or the exercise? My weightloss been so slow i only loss 23 pounds since surgery  2 month ago. Im so stress and depress worried about not getting to my goal or not loosing any more weight. Someone plz help.

angeleigh
on 5/19/13 2:14 am - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

Take it slow, as long as your doing something its better then sitting on the couch doing nothing. You might want to go see a cardiologist and have a stress test done to see what is causing your heart rate to be low.

I take 2 doses of iron with 1 dose of vitamins C every evening before bed. It is safe to take them at the same time. stalls are very normal, You will not always see movement on the scale but its ok. You body is still healing and needs time to recover.

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

yary500
on 5/19/13 2:23 am
RNY on 03/14/13

Forgot to mention i do have a heart condition called cardiomyopathy that i developed after i had my first son. 

Most Active
Recent Topics