I'm inonedeful onderland, but a little bummed

Tracy91002
on 5/20/13 6:27 am
RNY on 01/17/13

That may sound ungrateful, but this morning I weighed 198.4.  I was excited and I told hubby.  His comment was that's good.  Like it was nothing.  I don't have a lot of friends near me, military life, so I don't have a huge support system, I know it's a personal goal and not everyone will understand, but this is supposed to be my best friend.  I'm still happy, but I guess I should keep my goals a little closer to the vest.  What should be my next goal?  Thanks for understanding.

Justcallmesuz
on 5/20/13 6:31 am, edited 5/20/13 6:32 am
RNY on 05/08/13

I'm sorry!! I think it's great, congrats! I'm a military wife as well!

HW~278

CW~131

GW~160

Dee.spunk
on 5/20/13 6:34 am - Sacramento, CA
I think the most important thing is that you're doing this for you. And that is a great goal that you reached!

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

CosmoK
on 5/20/13 6:38 am
On May 20, 2013 at 1:34 PM Pacific Time, Dee.***** wrote:
I think the most important thing is that you're doing this for you. And that is a great goal that you reached!

Very well said Dee :)  

The reward that you will get is people watching your pretty self sashay  around town :)   hahaha.. enjoy your moment! It's a great accomplishment what you are doing for YOURSELF :)

Highest Weight: 468 Pounds, Pre Op Diet Weight: 436 Pounds, Surgery Weight: 423 Pounds

Surgery Date 5-13-13 with Dr Roy Cobean Portland Maine.. Casco Bay Surgeries!!!  Wonderful place!!

gwynnkitty
on 5/20/13 6:48 am - North York, Canada

I think your goal that you JUST reached is AMAZING, first of all! WOW! Look how far you've come - so fantastic!! :) Congratulations!! :)

I think you should sit down and talk to him, and explain WHY this is a big deal. Maybe because he hasn't had to deal with it on a personal level, he just doesn't get it? If it was me, I'd do that.

As far as a next goal - maybe an outfit you can't wait to wear? An exercise goal? Whatever you decide on, you can DO IT!! :)

Referral to Surgeon: February 12, 2013 Appointment with Surgeon: April 24, 2013 Endoscopy: April 30, 2013 Referral sent to Bariatric Registry: May 2, 2013 Orientation Appointment: May 27, 2013 Dr Klein Appointment: June 6, 2013 Second Upper GI Series: June 11 Dr Glazer: August 12, 2013 RN/RD/SW: August 29. 2013 Follow-up With Dr Klein: September 23, 2013 Start Opti: October 23, 2013 Surgery Date: November 14, 2013 

PetHairMagnet
on 5/20/13 6:57 am
RNY on 05/13/13

I am sorry your husband was a turkey! Is he generally supportive of your decision? I have met several women who did not feel supported by their husbands and it is sad, but in the end, you have to do it for YOU and not for any outside input. But I agree, your very best friend should have said YAY FOR YOU!!!

Soapy
on 5/20/13 7:18 am

Go buy yourself something sexy and feel good about your accomplishment.  

Brenda S.
on 5/20/13 7:19 am - FL
RNY on 04/09/13
If he's anything like my hubby, he's never struggled with food or his weight a day in his life. They just can't understand it. It's not that he doesn't support you or doesn't care...he just can't relate. Can't understand how monumental that achievement is.

Celebrate!! Do the happy dance. Be super-proud of yourself. You DO know that this is a GREAT achievement. Way to go!!!! I can't wait to get there myself!

Oxford Comma Hag
on 5/20/13 7:31 am
We also tend to wear our families out with our scale and wls talk. Try not to take it too personally. We are here for you to cheer you on. Congrats on your loss!

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

nurl
on 5/20/13 7:37 am
RNY on 05/14/13
That is the best news ever can't wait until I get there. This is why I visit this site for support daily. I have a very loving and supportive husband. That being said he , family, and friends try to be supportive in their way. They do not really understand what I am going through because they have not been through this. Oh i tried to educate them until i was blue in the face. it is what it is.Some of the stuff that they say when trying to be supportive does to always sit well with me. But I decided to find the support that I need elsewhere because I want to be successful. I wish you the best visit frequently

Most Active
Recent Topics