Pregnant!

christigayle
on 5/22/13 3:47 am

I had my surgery in August of 2012 and now 11 weeks pregnant! Excited but scared at the same time because I was told it would be best to wait a year after surgery.....well surprise!  Is there any advice on what i can do to make pregnancy easier? what to eat what to stay away from? any advice is much appreciated!  :)

Jennifer M.
on 5/22/13 4:11 am - Casper, WY

There is a pregnancy board here, I'm sure the ladies over there can answer all your questions.  Congrats and best of luck.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/postop_pregnancy/

christigayle
on 5/23/13 6:44 am

Thank you very much!  :)

Member Services
on 5/22/13 4:24 am - Irvine, CA

As Jennifer said check out the Pregnancy Forum.

Congratulations on the wonderful news.

christigayle
on 5/23/13 6:45 am

Thank you very much! :)

cajungirl
on 5/22/13 4:32 am

Congrats!  I also recommend reading the pregnancy board.  You also want to have your surgeon work with your OB/GYN on labs; you will need to eat a well-balanced diet and be sure to supplement appropriately. 

Call and schedule labs soon, be sure to find out what your folate is and supplement as needed.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Oxford Comma Hag
on 5/22/13 5:40 am
Well congratulations!

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

christigayle
on 5/23/13 6:46 am

Thank you :)!

PetHairMagnet
on 5/22/13 5:46 am
RNY on 05/13/13

Not to be a naysayer...but everything I have read said you must wait at least 18 months after RNY to get pregnant and 2 years is best. You are less than a year out? You were what, 8 months out when you got pregnant? Are you not still losing and eating really small amounts?

I hope you work really actively with a nutritionist to ensure your baby is getting what he or she needs. I gained 11 lbs with my first son and 16 lbs with my second son and ate like a farmer and cannot imagine having grown those babies with only what I see my husband eating (8 months out) now.

christigayle
on 5/23/13 6:49 am

Thank you!

Most Active
Recent Topics