Protein powder without sucrose or aspartame???

Jennifer39
on 5/24/13 7:17 am
Hi guys, I'm trying to plan for my surgery in August and I'm looking for a pre and post barbaric protein powder that does not contain sucrose or aspartame. I unfortunately get wicked bad migraines and stomach pains from them.
Gnc 100% whey protein doesn't but I'm also looking for more options.

Thank you!!!

soothingglow
on 5/24/13 7:34 am - Leland, NC
RNY on 03/12/13

a lot of the vegan proteins are either unsweetened or made with stevia.   Just a warning though...the vegan ones that I have tried are best mixed into a fruit smoothie. Not just made with a liquid.  I would not have been able to use them right after surgery up until i was allowed purees.  

i use sun warrior sprouted brown rice protein or RAW protein by garden of life.  I also tried the vega one and thought it had too much stevia and had a bitter aftertaste.   GOOD LUCK!!!

Katemae84
on 5/24/13 12:03 pm - IL
Check Whole Foods. There are a couple different brands that offer Stevia instead of aspartame etc. It's a bit more expensive. Not sure if you Stevia has the same affect, but at least it's more natural.
chatwidowed
on 5/24/13 12:22 pm

I like ISOPURE powder zero carb alpine punch flavor. It has no sugar or sugar substitute. I also suffer from migraines and this works well for me. Since i can tolerate splenda i add a couple packets and water and its perfect. Warning - it doesn't smell very good but the taste is quite tolerable.

Chatwidowed

chatwidowed
on 5/24/13 12:23 pm

You can get it at Vitamin Shop or GNC.

Chatwidowed

KenyaE
on 5/24/13 1:38 pm - Copperas Cove, TX

You also might try a brand that Wal-Mart sells called Body Fortress, it's Whey.

dufiedog
on 5/24/13 9:53 pm

About Time is very good.  No artificial sweeteners, lactose and gluten free and zero carbs and fat.  You can get samples on their web site: www.tryabouttime.com

Blondie76
on 5/25/13 2:52 am - AL
I haven't tried the Isopure so can't comment on it. The sun warrior is tasty. I love JayRobb. It's sweetened with stevia. It's the only protein I could keep down after surgery. About time is really good too.
The only chocolate I've had is jay Robb...kinda like a weak chocolate milk, imo. I usually buy vanilla and change up the flavor as I want to. Good luck finding one you like!
Jennifer39
on 6/6/13 1:37 am
Thank you guys so much for all the responses! I just splurged online on a bunch of trials of those you listed. Lets hope they go well!
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 334 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 372 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 236 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 102 views
Recent Topics