Officially under 300lbs

sookietina83
on 5/28/13 6:45 pm - Germany

I happy and sad that I'm under 300 lbs. I guess it's because I realize how far I really let myself go over the years. I know I'm work in progress and all but just seems this battle is going to last awhile. On a positive note personal trainer kick butt today. I didn't realize how many muscles I wasn't using only doing straight cardio on the treadmil. But first official goal is met 53 lbs down since March 13 

Laura in Texas
on 5/28/13 7:55 pm

Awesome. My highest weight was 339. I still remember the day I got below 300. It gave me hope. Keep up the good work!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Lessoflinda
on 5/28/13 8:17 pm - NY

Congratulations!!!  Interesting all the emotions going through this process....

Linda, Endwell, NY RNY 11/5/12

Losingitall01
on 5/28/13 9:43 pm

Congratulations!  Keep up the great work - it may take a while to get to your goal, but every step is now in the right direction.  You are an inspiration!

Kat Kat
on 5/28/13 9:46 pm, edited 5/28/13 9:48 pm - AZ

Fantastic!! angry Maybe if you re-frame, you won't feel so sad.   I think not being a light weight is more to our advantage because I tend to think more in terms of, "I know where I was and where I am now, and I'm never going back!" ~Kat~

a_better_life81
on 5/28/13 11:18 pm - Concord, NC
RNY on 07/24/12

That is wonderful for you. I think we all have those bitter sweet moments when you are so happy and proud, but at the same time understand that its hard to be happy about being a certain weight. I still struggle with numbers. I am now sitting at about 165 and  I have been stalled for a good bit now. However, when I write down my weight or put it into a computer program-like a BMI calculator, I still find myself putting a 2 where the 1 now goes. It's hard for me to wrap my head around the numbers. 

You are doing great, and even though you ended up in a place you were not happy with, you are doing something about it now and that is truly all that matters. Keep challenging yourself and your trainer and you will wake up a few months from now wondering where half of you has gone! 

chulbert
on 5/28/13 11:42 pm - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

This is a great milestone that I also enjoyed quite a lot.  I think I posted something like, "Weight starts with a 2!"  Keep on truckin'!

sookietina83
on 5/29/13 3:38 am - Germany
You guys are great. Give me new ideas every time I post something. I feeling better about being in the 2 s lol thanks for the support)
PetHairMagnet
on 5/29/13 6:50 am
RNY on 05/13/13
On May 29, 2013 at 1:45 AM Pacific Time, sookietina83 wrote:

I happy and sad that I'm under 300 lbs. I guess it's because I realize how far I really let myself go over the years. I know I'm work in progress and all but just seems this battle is going to last awhile. On a positive note personal trainer kick butt today. I didn't realize how many muscles I wasn't using only doing straight cardio on the treadmil. But first official goal is met 53 lbs down since March 13 

WOW, 53 lbs in 2 1/2 months!? That is amazing!!

YOU GO!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

aquapeach
on 5/29/13 11:21 pm - Germany
RNY on 03/13/13

WAY TO GO GIRL!!! Am so happy and proud of you!! Sounds like you have been doing a great job since we were in the hospital together. I weighed in today - at 204.4 - Which is awesome for me.. although you have lost like twice as much weight as I have since surgery.. and it sounds like you are doing great with exercising!! ( Something I havent been on track with ) ... Keep me posted -- maybe us girls can all meet up around the same time next year!!

Most Active
Recent Topics