Surgery was yesterday.

shedevilbecca
on 5/31/13 3:57 am - AZ
RNY on 05/30/13

I had my surgery yesterday morning. I am feeling alright. The only pain I am having is on my left side but that seems to be getting better. My potassium is low so they have me sipping a V-8 and giving me a supplement in my IV.  

The test they have you do to check leaks was YUCKY!!! It tasted like I was drinking hand soap! However I was glad to have it done so I could start liquids. Who knew ice chips could taste so good! ll.

Anyway I will update more later. I am sure I will have a billion questions later on. I am so thankful for this site and all the wonderful people who are part of it.

MyLady Heidi
on 5/31/13 4:02 am

Good Luck!  Happy Healing!

martitalinda
on 5/31/13 4:31 am

CONGRATS!!! Rock the loser's bench sista!!!! Best wishes for a continued speedy and uneventful recovery....

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

MeMinusMore
on 5/31/13 4:33 am
Glad to hear. Was thinking about you.
karenp8
on 5/31/13 5:35 am - Brighton, IL

Glad to hear you are doing well. Welcome to the loser's bench.

jensieck76
on 5/31/13 6:22 am - TX
Sooo glad you are doing good!! Remember walk walk walk, hydrate!!! Welcome to the losing side!!!

For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength. Phillipians 4:13 laugh

CW 190!!! GW Anything under 200 was the icing on the cake...going for 170...lil more icing never hurt anybody!

PetHairMagnet
on 5/31/13 6:53 am
RNY on 05/13/13
On May 31, 2013 at 10:57 AM Pacific Time, shedevilbecca wrote:

I had my surgery yesterday morning. I am feeling alright. The only pain I am having is on my left side but that seems to be getting better. My potassium is low so they have me sipping a V-8 and giving me a supplement in my IV.  

The test they have you do to check leaks was YUCKY!!! It tasted like I was drinking hand soap! However I was glad to have it done so I could start liquids. Who knew ice chips could taste so good! ll.

Anyway I will update more later. I am sure I will have a billion questions later on. I am so thankful for this site and all the wonderful people who are part of it.

What leak check? I did not have that. I would have THROWN UP with anything like hand soap!

SO GLAD you are doing well overall! Been thinking about you and really happy to see this update!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

nurl
on 5/31/13 7:35 am
RNY on 05/14/13
Hope you have a speedy recovery

curvygirlsrock
on 5/31/13 10:00 am - RI
RNY on 12/18/13

Congratulations on getting through the first few days. Hope you can leave the hospital soon. I am having my surgery in 2 weeks and I started a group tonight called Summer 2013 for RNY surgery support for those of us getting the procedure this summer. Please join me so we can go through this together! 

ShadowHR
on 5/31/13 10:13 am - WI
RNY on 04/04/13

Congrats, glad you are feeling alright and I look forward to haring about your journey.   Sorry for the yucky experience with the test but thank goodness, there were no issues.

take care and keep moving forward,

susan

Surgery Weight 245

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 363 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 278 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 210 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 301 views