Health benefits from my RNY

Jilly Bean
on 6/13/13 11:33 am - IN
RNY on 07/09/12

Before surgery my asthma was out of control. Walking up a flight of stairs could trigger an attack. Now I am symptom free and it's what I would consider "controlled". 

My blood pressure has dropped and it now in the normal range.

I no longer have sinus tachycardia. My cardiologist was after me for years to lose weight. Now that I have my resting HR has dropped from 115 to 72. That alone gives me more energy. 

And my GERD is gone! No more waking up in the middle of the night choking on stomach acid. No more reflux after eating anything with tomatoes. That amazes me. 

My ankle joints don't hurt anymore when I walk up the stairs.  So many things to be grateful for. If you are early in your WLS journey, the benefits will blow you away. And this is all secondary to the fact that you will look amazing along the way..    

Surgery weight:  232 lbs. / Goal: 145 lbs. Height:  5'5"     Fat? Ain't nobody got time for that.

Kristenselfs
on 6/13/13 11:46 am - PA
How far out are u, I am 5 weeks, and hope my Gerd goes away? Good post for those of us who are not that far out, I have lost 35 so far, two knee replacements, that didn't go we'll, so hope I join your club someday, so far on puréed, starting soft tomorrow, so far have tolerated everything, drinking well, now the real test soft and chewing, a little scared, my Dr. Has me on soft for 3 months, she is a conservative Dr., but I am going to do and listen to her, so far so good.
Jilly Bean
on 6/13/13 12:00 pm - IN
RNY on 07/09/12

I am 11 months post op. It will happen for you. Just stay the course. It takes time. :)

Surgery weight:  232 lbs. / Goal: 145 lbs. Height:  5'5"     Fat? Ain't nobody got time for that.

65rosesmom
on 6/13/13 11:52 am

Almost all of these are true for me as well!!  Good for you!!!   It makes such a difference doesn't it?

Heather   Mom to 3  
Surgery August 9, 2012
HW = 225, SW= 205, CW 135 

MissK123456789
on 6/13/13 11:56 am - PA

Good luck to you and the others.  My BP?  I'm off all meds.  My diabetes?  I'm off all meds.  My only medication is anxiety and insomnia meds.

k.

Jilly Bean
on 6/13/13 11:59 am - IN
RNY on 07/09/12

Me, too, Hun. Still on antidepressants and Ambien. But that's just a lifelong thing for me. No amount of weight fixes those chemical imbalances. Hugs to you. :)

MissK123456789
on 6/13/13 12:09 pm - PA

Keep the faith!

Karen

selhard
on 6/13/13 1:38 pm - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

Just today, I was thinking how long the list of pleasant surprises has become in these last few months.

Support group today sure showed what a difference in prospective there can be.  The leader asked us to respond to the question, "How do you measure your success?"  Answers varied from, "scale shows lower number" to "clothes fit better."  Being a heavyweight, my answer was, "that I do not have to die so big."  

Calla Lily
on 6/13/13 11:41 pm
RNY on 01/23/12

It's so amazing isn't it? I feel like I was so sick being mo and didn't even know it! Of course being on blood pressure pills for 8 years, and coming off them at 3 months was obvious... But the little things I didn't even realize like a chronic cough, that is now totally gone! Or huffing and puffy just doing normal house hold chores..... I can even remember wiping my ass after losing weight and thinking OMG I can't believe how fat my arm can reach! I didn't even know that action was a struggle pre losing the weight! And now I could wipe 4 butts! Lol (not to be gross, but it's true, just simple things, I didn't even know were harder, until the weight came off!) congrats to all of us, and to health!

RNY 01/23/12, HW 265, CW 115, Height 5'6"

martitalinda
on 6/14/13 5:22 am

Awesome benefits indeed... I enjoy them all and then some.  I love love love love your siggy line too...

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....