Been Ready!!!!

nsdr77
on 6/18/13 3:57 pm - MI
RNY on 07/08/13
It has been 8 days since they have submitted my papers. I have BCBS of Michigan...why so long?! My fear is that they won't approve me! And if they do then it's the liquid diet. Ready to just give up!!!
Katie K.
on 6/18/13 5:51 pm - Maitland, FL
RNY on 06/25/13
Call the insurance yourself. I did, and found out I was approved before the surgeon's office.
nsdr77
on 6/18/13 6:40 pm - MI
RNY on 07/08/13
I called on Monday and nothing...
PetHairMagnet
on 6/18/13 9:06 pm
RNY on 05/13/13

Call again Friday and if there is no answer yet, I would ask when they expect to respond.

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

pearl7000
on 6/18/13 9:48 pm

A lot of insurances have several weeks' (4 to 6) turnaround time for preauthorization responses.  You are well within your rights to ask what their policies are on turnaround times.  You can definitely speed things up by calling periodically to check on the status--squeaky wheel gets the grease and all that. 

Also, ask what day they received the papers.  I assumed they would be faxed and I know what day my surgeon's office supposedly sent them in, but the insurance logged them in later than I had expected.  It could be that they sat at the hospital's mail room, etc. or it could be that they sat at the insurance for a few days before they were officially logged into the system.

I also found out I was approved much sooner than my surgeon's office.  This got the ball rolling on scheduling sooner.

BelieveInFaith
on 6/19/13 1:17 pm - NJ
RNY on 08/08/13

I would call every day!! Be your own advocate! Good luck!

Never accept NO for an answer.

Most Active
Recent Topics