Post Pregnancy blues!

nokeefe0212
on 6/24/13 3:45 am - canton, OH

So I just had my first baby ( a boy) in December......I am over the moon but I am struggling very hard to loose weight, i know part of the problem is the post partum depression....the other is busy lifestyle....i am trying to get back on track with walking at least...how has everyone else overcome this battle?!!? Thanks for your help

PetHairMagnet
on 6/24/13 6:21 am
RNY on 05/13/13

Are you being treated for the PPD? That is not going to go away without treatment and medication. It is really, really important to get treatment from someone who is specifically qualified to help with PPD.

Get a jogging stroller and hit the road with the baby OR you can get a bike trailer and tow him behind you OR you can get a baby seat and have him on your bike. But there are some options even if you don't have care for him when you have time to get exercise in.

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

baepage
on 6/24/13 7:33 am - MA
RNY on 04/22/13

I had my first child 15 years ago, I too had post partum, it was awful.  I dealt with it for 8 months until I finally told my doctor, he put me on celexa, it helped me so much.  It isn't addicting, and it puts you back in your normal mood.  I would highly recommend talking to your doctor.  Good luck.

Barbara

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 411 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 524 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 32 replies · 149 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 324 views