Morning exercisers?

artroxy blue
on 6/25/13 11:10 am - MA
RNY on 08/14/12

Hey there!

Who here is a morning exerciser? I was doing mornings before going back to work, but I haven't gotten into a good groove. I thought I had it worked out, but nothing clicked. Anyway, what tips can you share about your routine? The only time I could manage would require me to get up at 4:30am in order to get to the Y by 5, and hopefully before my daughter wakes up (she's an EARLY bird! LOL). Thanks in advance!! xoxo

angeleigh
on 6/25/13 12:21 pm - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

For me, right now, I get up around 4am with my husband. Drink my protein shake, while i drive to the gym. Then I  am doing a cross fit work out takes about 45 minutes.Or i run for 30 minutes at a 4.5-5.5 then do some yoga. Really depends on the day. I find getting up, having my shake, and putting on some good music helps.

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

nfarris79
on 6/25/13 8:29 pm - Germantown, MD

My cats usually wake me up around 4a-5a for their breakfast, so on days where I need to do a solo run for training, I make the most of being up that early. Granted, I'm in bed b/w 8p-9p, so it works out to not be sleep deprived!

First ultra: Stone Mill 50 miler 11/15/14 13:44:38, First Full Marathon: Marine Corps 10/27/13 4:57:11Half Marathon PR 2:04:43 at Shamrock VA Beach Half-Marathon, 12/2/12 First Half-Marathon 2:32:47, 5K PR  Run Under the Lights 5K 27:23 on 11/23/13, 10K PR 52:53 Pike's Peek 10K 4/21/13(1st timed run) Accumen 8K 51:09 10/14/12.

Caroline K.
on 6/26/13 3:02 am

I'm not much of a morning person, but I exercise then since I'm less likely to come up with excuses as to why I can't go after work. I do cardio by myself 2-3 times per week, and meet a friend to lift weights twice a week. Meeting a friend really helps, since it's a commitment I'd feel bad for breaking, plus he used to be a personal trainer, so he really makes me work kiss

PetHairMagnet
on 6/26/13 7:11 am
RNY on 05/13/13

I know myself well enough, that a gym is not going to cut it for me. I would be the queen of excuses. So I bought an elliptical and get up at 5ish, do my morning routine (dogs, bunnies, bird, piggy) and then hit the elliptical and am working by 6a at the latest. I do WFH, so that helps that I have a 62 ft. commute from my bedroom to my office. :) But no matter the weather or how I am feeling or my schedule, I can use the elliptical and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

Have you considered that?

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

artroxy blue
on 6/26/13 8:03 am - MA
RNY on 08/14/12
We have no room where we are. Between having a 2 year old and my husband running a radio show out of the dining room, space is limited. I'd love to have a workout room, but that will have to wait until we move. Eventually. LOL

_Donna_
on 6/26/13 10:17 am

On the days that I can't go for my 2 mile walk outside, I have a walk at home with Leslie Sansone dvd. I literally only use a 4'x4' space in my bedroom with a small dvd player on top of my dresser. I walk a mile in 14 minutes with her. I also have 4 lb weights in my hands to amp up my workout. Using the weights really paid off recently when I had to take care of my dad for a couple weeks after he fell and hurt himself.

RNY 5-5-2011