Favorite Protein Bars?

kinny09
on 6/27/13 2:39 am - New York, NY
RNY on 06/11/13

Hi all - I am allowed to start more "real" food in the next two weeks and have the go-ahead to replace a shake or two with a protein bar if I choose (happy about this as I really hate shakes!). Looking for very low sugar (less than 5g, preferably no sugar though) and high protein (at least 18-20g), and low in fat/fat free. Thanks!!

HW: 306         Day of Surgery: 299         Current Weight: 172

poet_kelly
on 6/27/13 2:43 am - OH

My favorite bars really low in sugar are Quest bars.  Their chocolate chip cookie dough bar is really yummy, and I made some really really yummy protein ice cream with it, too.  Cookie dough protein ice cream, yum.  I wish I had some now.

Anyway.  The Quest bars are really dense.  If you nuke them for about seven seconds, they are soft and kinda like a fresh baked cookie.

Atkins bars are low in sugar, too, but I don't think they have quite as much protein as the Quest bars.

My favorite protein bars are higher in sugar than what you're looking for.  Duh, sugar makes them taste good.  And since I'm OK with 15 or so grams of sugar, I usually get ones with some sugar.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

PetHairMagnet
on 6/27/13 3:00 am
RNY on 05/13/13

I like the Premier bars EXCEPT the double chocolate. Blech!

They are 20g of protein and under 200 calories and 2 or 3g of sugar. The 30g bars are closer to 300 calories, I have only had one of those once.

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

RebYitzchak
on 6/27/13 3:02 am - FL
RNY on 04/17/13

I am eating a Quest  Chocolate Brownie Protein Bar as I am writing this. It has 20gr of protein and 1gr of sugar.

RNY - 4/17/13     HW - 463  SW - 428  CW - 263

sirenitycalling
on 6/27/13 3:54 am - OH

I like my Pure Protein Bars. They are readily available, affordable, and dense. It takes awhile to eat it and I feel full for hours afterwards. I only eat/drink supplements when I am in school or working mornings. Sadly, they only come in chocolate fudge and chocolate peanut butter. Which is why I prefer my protinis or packing minimeals.

big42long
on 6/27/13 4:06 am - OH
Pure protein are my favorite as well! Walmart has other flavors...smores, caramel peanut ( tastes like a snickers), and another one that comes in a white box that reminds me of a fudge covered oreo!

Grim_Traveller
on 6/27/13 5:44 am
RNY on 08/21/12

I second the Quest bars. All i have tried are good, and the healthiest of those i have seen.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

mzlaura
on 6/27/13 7:37 am - Litchfield, NH
RNY on 03/05/13

Atkins for sure! The meal replacement bars like the PB chocolate one has 17g protein which isn't bad at all and it doesn't taste like cardboard and no heating up required! Also i have recently found the Oh yeah protein bars i like the chocolate caramel candies it has lower protein 15g and 180 calories. The Atkins meal replacement ones i get have 250 calories i believe.

HW: 401  SW: 297  CW: 200.8
RNY gastric bypass surgery on March 5th, 2013

Katemae84
on 6/27/13 10:08 am - IL
I just tried Quest bars. Omg so good. It's a quick meal when you are in a pinch. So far I have tried the PP&J, Brownie, and cookie dough one. It's truly a meal unless u split them up.
Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 71 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 296 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 302 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 342 views