Unjury unflavored protein ideas?

VintageChick
on 6/29/13 3:38 am
I just ordered the unflavored protein container from Unjury. Those who've used it, what are some things you've mixed it in?

I've tried so many different brands of powders and RTD... they're all too fakey-sweet tasting and it seems I've developed a gag reflex just at the thought of them. At 6 weeks post-op, I tolerate many soft foods, but after I have them a few times, they're repulsive, too. I'm determined to start getting enough protein in, even if I have to pinch my nose and fight the gag. Half must be mental because that many things can't truly be so gaggy!!!!

Now I'm also parked on a 3 week stall. I feel like I'm in Monopoly jail! I don't weigh everyday, and don't obsess over the scale. I'm getting smaller anyway, but hope getting in all my protein will help break through the same ol' range of numbers that keep staring back at me!

What an adventure!!!
poet_kelly
on 6/29/13 3:44 am - OH

I've put unflavored protein powder in all sorts of things, including, pudding, yogurt, soups, bean dishes, chili, scrambled eggs, even the cheese mixture in lasagna.  You can put it in ricotta cheese, refried beans, mashed potatoes, oatmeal, etc.

One trick someone told me a long time ago, that worked well for me, is to put a scoop of unflavored protein powder in a dish on your kitchen counter in the morning and then add a pinch or two to everything you can all day long.  If you just add a pinch, you won't really notice the protein powder but by the end of the day you'll have gotten an extra 20 grams or so in.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Brenda S.
on 6/29/13 5:55 am - FL
RNY on 04/09/13
Adding a little throughout the day is a fantastic idea!! Thank you!!

VintageChick
on 6/29/13 12:57 pm
I really like the pinch here and pinch there idea, too. Kinda' a sneaky way to get it in without feeling like a protein force-feeding.

Really anxious for it to arrive!
Kahla L.
on 6/29/13 2:29 pm
RNY on 06/19/13

Such a good idea!

HW/SW/CW: 312/295/212 (RNY 6/19/13)

Nutterbutter
on 6/29/13 10:50 pm - NJ
That's a great tip
gwen41502
on 6/29/13 3:56 am

i like it in coffee or soups :)

VintageChick
on 6/29/13 1:09 pm
Soup, yum! They're so easy on my tummy, but so lacking in protein. I'll be giving this a try.
artroxy blue
on 6/29/13 8:38 am - MA
RNY on 08/14/12

When I got home from the hospital, I mixed that with V8. Kind of like a protein gazpacho soup, you know? Everything tasted SO sweet immediately after surgery, so I know how you feel. It does get better as time goes on--don't give up. 😊

VintageChick
on 6/29/13 1:07 pm
I've been having V8 once a day for the K+. I will def try this!
Most Active
Recent Topics