Slimfast and Very Vocal Stomach!

gooddaysunshine
on 6/30/13 9:06 am
RNY on 04/30/13

Has anyone tried the "High Protein" version of the ready-to-drink Slimfast?  Each little bottle claims to have 20 grams of protein.  Also, I noticed "Atkins" is now making frozen meals; similar to "Lean Cuisine."  They are high in protein, has anyone tried them?

Another topic- every time I eat, my stomach responds with very loud gurgling....I can feel it and people on the other side of the room can hear it!  I assume this is 'normal?'

angeleigh
on 6/30/13 9:10 am - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

I had tried the slim fast low carb, one before as part of my pre-op diet. i tried the high protein one, right after rny, but i found it to be just as costly as the GNC lean shakes, which are 25 grams of protein. I havent tried any of the Atkins stuff. And the stomach making noise is normal for me.

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

Katie K.
on 6/30/13 9:10 am - Maitland, FL
RNY on 06/25/13
I like the chicken Alfredo and the beef with broccoli (don't remember what it's called). I haven't heard anything good about the meatloaf and didn't really care for the breakfast.

I'm only five days out. My stomach has been active but not too loud. I call it purring. I think it's pretty normal to be loud, though.

65rosesmom
on 6/30/13 11:11 am

I don't like RTD shakes or frozen meals, so I can't help you with those, but my stomach makes the loudest sounds all the time.  Even at 11 months out, its crazy.   

Heather   Mom to 3  
Surgery August 9, 2012
HW = 225, SW= 205, CW 135 

Kahla L.
on 6/30/13 11:18 am
RNY on 06/19/13

Those and Isopure are the only protein shakes I can stomach!  Even my husband and MIL have started drinking the Slimfast high protein (and my husband does Isopure too).

HW/SW/CW: 312/295/212 (RNY 6/19/13)

Most Active
Recent Topics