Calcium Caseinate

EdwinP
on 7/2/13 10:24 pm
RNY on 05/07/13

I noticed that Muscle Monster (Coffee) has ​500mgs of Calcium Caseinate in it. Can I absorb this type of calcum like I can Calcium Citrate? I'm only drinking it for the 25g of protein but if I can kill two birds with one stone, I'm all for it.

Brenda S.
on 7/2/13 10:27 pm - FL
RNY on 04/09/13
Nope...afraid not.

poet_kelly
on 7/2/13 11:31 pm - OH

Calcium caseinate IS a type of protein.  It will NOT replace your calcium citrate.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/2/13 11:49 pm - OH

As Kelly said, it is a type of protein (made from milk), not a type of calcium.  I know, the name is confusing!  You can Google it if you really want more info about it.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

EdwinP
on 7/3/13 3:04 am
RNY on 05/07/13

Ah, thanks all! Yes, I saw "calcium" and I thought, yes I can replace one of my CC doses! It really does need a better name lol.

I use generic Walgreens Calcium Citrate pills and Upcal with Vit D for my calcium so I'm still good on that. Thanks for clearing it up!

Most Active
Recent Topics