Moved to El Paso, Suggested Drs?

AnnieD9999
on 7/10/13 9:02 am - Columbus, OH

I just got into El Paso and am trying to change Drs for my post op check ups. Does anyone live in El Paso that could recommend someone?

Don 1962
on 7/10/13 9:31 am

Welcome to Texas!

Have you bounced this off your original surgeon to see if he/she knows any doctors in El Paso?  Depending how far out you are you may find some WLS docs who don't want to take another docs patients if they are not too far out.  When I moved to GA in 2008 at the time GF's WLS doc would only see me if it was an emergency but I had to come back to Dallas for my annuals and blood draws etc.

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

mrs_walsh17
on 7/10/13 9:44 am - Albuquerque, NM

I had my RNY done in El Paso with Dr. Jorge Acosta at Del Sol Medical Center. Don't know if he does post op check ups for people who were not his patients, but you could look in to it. I have more info if you'd like.

Liz - HW 253     SW 231     GW 140     Surgery date April 22, 2013

AnchorsAweigh
on 7/10/13 12:06 pm

My daughter-in-law is in El Paso (my son is in Afghanistan). Her friend had WLS about a year ago. I am asking the name of her doctor. She was very successful.

AnchorsAweigh
on 7/10/13 12:57 pm

Dr. Lara at Del Sol and his partner is just as good. Hope this helps!

wildivie
on 7/10/13 3:56 pm - TX
RNY on 07/17/13

I'm sure you would have checked into it if you are, but are you military? I hear GREAT things about the Drs at WBAMC. I talked with them about getting mine there when we PCS later but now I'm having it while we are here in San Antonio. Good luck!

HW:274 (Nov 2011 pre-pregnancy) Starting weight: 243 Day of Surgery: 231

AnnieD9999
on 7/11/13 1:22 am - Columbus, OH

Yes we are military, I called Tricare and they said I have to go to my PCM first and get a referal to go to a WLS Dr, so im assuming they are just going to pick one for me.

wildivie
on 7/21/13 3:20 pm - TX
RNY on 07/17/13
Ugh. I never saw this response dang it. Tricare will pick your PCM of course and they will refer you to the bariatric clinic a WBAMC since the only way we get it totally free is at the MTF. If you go outside the MTF you come out of pocket a bit. But the clinic coordinator Steven is amazing and they may even give you an option about which dr you want. We'll be there in 3 weeks so I hope to see you at the support groups! Good luck!

HW:274 (Nov 2011 pre-pregnancy) Starting weight: 243 Day of Surgery: 231

mandiipandee
on 9/16/13 6:32 pm

I see this post is a little old, but just had to respond. Dr. Jorge Acosta with Del Sol. He just did my RNY 7/22/13 and he is a wonderful doctor. The clinic is great, the nurses are wonderful and the dietician is great. They also have a support group the last Monday of every month from 6p-8p. They do accept Tricare, too!! :)

_Donna_
on 9/16/13 11:48 pm

Dr Benjamin Clapp did my surgery in El Paso.

He is a good dr with an awesome staff and they have regular support group meeting and a clothing exchange.

RNY 5-5-2011

Most Active
Recent Topics