From One extreme to another

NSULArry
on 7/18/13 8:27 pm, edited 7/18/13 8:28 pm - LA
RNY on 04/02/13

To uncontrollable overeating to a fear of food....

I am at month 3 and 17 days since i had my surgery, and below you can see how much i have lost, (i feel like i am loosing waaaaaayyyy to fast)  And i can say i have a fear of food now, I had such a ruff patch in between where i was throwing up, gagging, and crippled in pain taking single bites of food (turns out it was due to an ulcer which has now been treated) that my stomach starts to feel funny, and i get nauseous from looking at food or even thinking about it ,,,, and it scares me.... at one point i started loosing my vision( i have always had 20/20 vision, i am sure it was due to mal nutrition, because i was eating no food at all) and i was going through extreme dizzy spells. i started back to protein shakes, and they tasted fine, but like everything i find that i like, my body starts rejecting it (or my mind) How do i combat this issue, i never pictured myself on this end of eating disorders

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

MissK123456789
on 7/18/13 9:01 pm - PA

You need to call your doctor for a referral to a counselor right now.  Just as much as being over weight, this behavior could be the end of you too.  Really...CALL!

Karen

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/19/13 12:51 am - OH

Yes, you need to start working with a good counselor who can help you understand what is going on in your mind and how to overcome it.  Even if you lose al the excess weight but are ill and weak from malnutrition, you haven't really got much of a life.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

cajungirl
on 7/19/13 3:33 am

I agree find a therapist to help you.  Malnutrition is not something you want to go through, it can kill you.  I'm not trying to be mean I'm VERY concerned.  Make an appt. ASAP, you need someone that deals with eating disorders to help you get better.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Laura in Texas
on 7/19/13 9:56 am

As the others have said, please get some help. Malnutrition can kill you. It can also totally screw up your metabolism permanently which can lead to massive weight gain in the future.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Most Active