no appetite

Ericka K.
on 7/22/13 10:20 pm

I have absolutely no appetite.  I know I have to eat but there is nothing that appeals to me right now.  The thought of drinking another protein shake makes me dry heave.  My nutritionist said to have 1-2 shakes a day and then try to get the rest of my protein from foods.  I still cant have raw fruits/veggies or protein bars.  I'm so sick of eggs and chicken.  I had chili yesterday and was fine with it but the beans in it gave me massive diarrhea (sorry tmi) for hours last night.  I had no cramping and felt fine, I just couldn't stop going.  I've been lucky with my bowels-no constipation or diarrhea and I go everyday.  I think the beans just had too much fiber for me.  Anyone have any breakfast ideas that will give me around 20g protein?  I find when I eat I cant eat much at all. 1 1/2 scrambled egg fills me up.  

poet_kelly
on 7/22/13 10:23 pm - OH

A cup of cottage cheese or greek yogurt?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Ericka K.
on 7/22/13 10:28 pm

I'm going to try a greek yogurt.  I'm eating a light baby bell cheese right now.  The thought of cottage cheese makes me gag. 

angeleigh
on 7/22/13 10:32 pm - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

First question is how far post op are you? That is kind of important to know.

If I had to guess I would say your about 3-4 weeks. I couldnt stand eggs, some days they worked fine others not so much. I did hard boiled eggs a lot of the time. Made it into a egg salad with a little mustard and relish. Ricotta cheese with speg sauce is good, Refried beans with cheese, ground beef mixed with the beans and cheese was great.

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

Ericka K.
on 7/22/13 11:01 pm
I'm 2 weeks post op. I'm allowed pretty much anything except raw fruits/veggies and protein bars. I tried tuna and it didn't sit well with me. Chili was fine minus the beans and I had a homemade meatball last night that I did okay with.
Missella20
on 7/23/13 12:21 am
RNY on 07/11/13

Can you have turkey sausage links for breakfast?  I ate them before surgery and am looking forward to adding it back. I aam still on full liquids though. 

HW 264    SW 234    CW 149    5'4" 

Ericka K.
on 7/23/13 12:29 am

I tried turkey sausage links Sunday morning and couldn't eat them.  I'm thinking maybe it was the casing?  Im going to get some turkey sausage pattys and see if I can eat those. 

Mrs_Stimpy
on 7/23/13 5:08 am
RNY on 12/20/12

I drank a lot of Smartforme hot chocolate that I got through my nutritionist.  It tastes really good - not like a protein drink at all.

Good luck to all of us on our journeys! 

Highest - 222 / Pre-Surgery - 215 / Goal 150

merry1
on 7/23/13 6:58 am - Canada

I am exactly the same way.  My surgery was June 5.  Since last week I've had no appetite and diarrhea in the morning.  I try to get new things to eat which is also costing me a fortune!.  I have them once and then I can't eat them again.  Last week I went for a seminar with the nutritionist.  She suggested thinly sliced low fat deli meat or Kashi cereal which has a fair amt of protein especially when  you mix it with some milk, depending on how much you can eat you could get a bit less than 20g.  I've been drinking more skim milk too at almost 10g protein in a cup.  the only shake i like is Premier Protein which has 30g of protein.  Its almost 5pm now and I just can't think of anything I'd even remotely want to have for dinner.  It is really a problem. I haven't figured it out either.  The only thing that I can eat regularly is Greek Yogurt.  Try the Kashi cereal, its a bit different! Also soft cheeses like a low fat cream cheese or low fat piece of cheese like swiss or havarti. I also tolerate really mild curry and coconut milk as a seasoning for a mild thai chicken.  Also Edamame has I think 10g protein in 1/2 C. 

Ladyintheloop
on 7/23/13 7:03 am - TX
RNY on 07/08/13

I make my protein shakes with a cup of vanilla soymilk, a tablespoon of sugar free chocolate pudding mix, two packets of Splenda and ice in the blender.  It's a whole different animal after that.  The pudding mix makes a big difference.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 257 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 270 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 314 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 272 views