Some Recipes y'all might enjoy

AnnieD9999
on 7/25/13 11:43 am - Columbus, OH
I always see tons of recipe questions on here, and I know I've posted a few times for suggestions. I made 3 recipes today that I loveeee and have tweaked some from pre surgery and still loveeee so here they are. Please feel free to tweak anything you'd like and let me know if you change anything if its good!

Chicken Salad
Chicken Breasts
White/Vidalia onion
Mayo
Greek yogurt (plain)
Soy sauce
S&P

Boil as many chicken breasts as you'd like. I bring them to a boil then turn off the heat and cover the pot. Let them cool on the stove, I think they're more moist this way. Then plop them in your kitchen aide mixer and shred away. I used to do this by hand, obviously that works too but this is much simpler and you can do everything in one bowl. Add enough Greek yogurt to make it moist and then maybe 1/2 cup of mayo for taste. Add as much onion as you like, I probably do a 1/2 to 3/4 cup for my 2 chicken breasts. Cover the top with soy sauce, mix that in. Serve Chilled. Don't tell my grandma I gave y'all the recipe

I scoop some on a plate with some lettuce, some provolone cheese and a few cherry tomatoes

Chicken Broccoli Casserole
Chicken Breast
Broccoli
Greek yogurt or sour cream
Heavy whipping cream
Lipton onion soup mix (1 pouch)

Cube as much chicken as you want and brown, remove chicken from pan and add a big ole spoonful of yogurt or sour cream to the chicken juices. Add maybe a cup of whipping cream (I'm sure there is a healthier alternative to this, any suggestions would be appreciated) and your pouch of onion soup mix and stir. Steam your broccoli and put everything in a casserole dish (I put the broccoli around the outside and put all the chicken in the middle like they're at a little party then pour the sauce over top)
Put in the 350 oven until heated through. The original recipe calls for parm cheese on top but we don't do that. This is one of my husbands favorite meals. He's not a WLS patient

Black Bean Dip
1 can black beans drained
1 can whole kernel corn drained
1 green pepper
1 red pepper
1/2-1 red onion
Cilantro
Lots of fresh lime juice
Cumin

Chop everything up, dump it in a bowl, add lots of lime juice and a good sprinkling of cumin (maybe 1 to 2 tablespoons) mix it up and chill.

If any of y'all eat tortilla chips occasionally this is really good with the lime one. I also will brown or boil some chicken breasts and add that to it for a salad type thing. Add more cumin and lime juice if you want after it's chilled if you don't think there's enough

So there's a few of my faves right now. The bean dip makes a good amount so I put everything but the cilantro cumin and lime juice together and freeze it, then when I want it I thaw it and add the other stuff

Hope somebody enjoys and please if you have any suggestions to make things healthier please comment

Karen R.
on 7/25/13 8:26 pm
RNY on 04/14/13

Thanks!  These sound yummy.  I wonder if you could substitute skim milk for the whipping cream.  I realize the cream is a bit thicker, but maybe it wouldn't ultimately matter to the consistency of the sauce.  Worth a try!

5'4" | Pre Surgery BMI:  40.7 | Current BMI:  20.8 | SW:  237 |  CW:  121 |  GW:  125

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

AnnieD9999
on 7/25/13 11:55 pm - Columbus, OH
I was thinking that too. You would make a rue with tablespoon or so of flour to thinkin it with the chicken cooking juices

Most Active
Recent Topics