Feel like I'm eating too much

AnnieD9999
on 7/26/13 8:01 am - Columbus, OH
So since surgery I've been pretty bad about only eating 3 times a day and not getting enough protein or fluids in. My original plan said to have 3 meals a day and 2 to 3 snacks so I'm trying to get on track. I feel like I'm eating constantly/eating too much. I measure everything so I know I'm not really eating too much I guess I just mean too frequently. I have a protein shake in the AM when I get up, then a snack around 10, lunch at 1ish and a snack at 3, dinner at 6ish. Between eating and vitamins I feel like I have a full time job just keeping up with my Rny

GSFan
on 7/26/13 8:05 am
I so understand! I only ten days out and I feel like I a constantly eating, drinking, or taking pills or vitamins!

And I am definitely not getting in enough protein
angeleigh
on 7/26/13 8:18 am - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

Its not that your constantly eating, its more that your paying attention to what your eating. Instead of mindless eating. A normal person would do 3 big meals and still have snacks during the day. I personally tend to do 1 shake around 7, almonds around 11 (if work permits) then lunch between 1-2pm. Snack at 330 before I go to the gym, then dinner at 7. Sometimes I will do another snack at 930 when I take my evening meds.

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

dahoodman
on 7/26/13 9:00 am - VA
RNY on 03/26/13

That sounds identical to my schedule! If you are measuring and you are not in pain or vomiting after/during meals then you are likely not eating too much. My surgeon started us out on pureed foods the day we left the hospital and quickly into soft foods after that. After a week I had to tell him that if he wanted me to get 105g of protein each day that I needed to eat more than a couple of tablespoons of food each meal along with the shakes. He told me to slowly increase. It worked out great. I am now at about 1 cup of food total per meal sometimes a bit more depending on what the elements are. I think you're probably doing fine and if you have any questions always refer to your NUT or surgeon. There's a lot of great advice on this site, but what people (including myself) tell you on here is generally our experience with our journey and our surgeon/NUT and may totally go against yours so be careful.

[Highest: 303] [Surgery Day: 295] [Current: 199.8] [Goal: 180][To Go: 19.8[Height: 5' 8"]

I have a tendency to wear my mind on my sleeve   

I have a history of losing my shirt Barenaked Ladies - One Week

LadyLilMax
on 7/26/13 11:46 am - Retirement Ville, AZ

Congrats dahoodman!  I haven't seen you much but look at you and how close you are to goal now!  WOW! WTG

RNY 12/11/12  HW:230   SW:220   GW:140   CW:130  5ft 1

dahoodman
on 8/5/13 3:24 am - VA
RNY on 03/26/13

Thanks! Yep I'm on from time-to-time. I can't really get on at work any more. This site seems to use a spell correction utility that likes to check every character you type so it is constantly hitting my work firewall. It's usually not an issue as I am the IT guy, but I have a guy under me that I have monitor the traffic and I was a "Top User" one day due to the spell checker and he made a comment about it so I decided not to venture on the site much at work any more. 40 more to go!!

[Highest: 303] [Surgery Day: 295] [Current: 199.8] [Goal: 180][To Go: 19.8[Height: 5' 8"]

I have a tendency to wear my mind on my sleeve   

I have a history of losing my shirt Barenaked Ladies - One Week

Most Active
Recent Topics