First Plateau?

Ericka K.
on 7/28/13 7:24 pm
Today I am 3 weeks post op. I think I've hit my first dreaded plateau. I had been losing about a pound a day. I took everyone's advice and didn't weigh myself since Thursday. Thursday I was 214.4. This morning, after emptying my bladder and naked I was 213.4. I wanted to hurl the scale across the room. I'm going to see my surgeon today so I'm going to ask him why the weightloss is so slow. My endocrinologist also has a lab slip in the mail to me to check my TSH (she's in Boston, Im in NH). When I had trouble losing weight pre op that was the culprit. I go back to work next week and I so wanted to be as close to under 200 as possible. Now I'm feeling frustrated all over again.
RebYitzchak
on 7/29/13 12:12 am - FL
RNY on 04/17/13

This is a very normal occurrence and if you were to search this forum you would see too many posts to number titled "The Three Week Stall."

Your body is just starting to find balance at this point. The way my surgeon described it is that your body is not starting to rehydrate at the cellular level after going through this trauma of surgery. As a matter of fact, at my 2 week appt. the surgeon told me not to expect to lose much over the next 2 weeks. For me, it actually took place around week 5, but as you can tell by the numbers below, that did not last long. It will not last long with you either.

This is a long journey, so don't be discouraged. Soon enough you will be posting your great results.

RNY - 4/17/13     HW - 463  SW - 428  CW - 263

Ericka K.
on 7/29/13 5:04 am

I just got home from my appointment with my surgeon (and some shopping :) )  I asked about my weight loss and he said Im exactly where Im supposed to be.  He said since I started at 230 it's going to come off slower.  Ive lost 7 pounds in about 2 weeks (tomorrow would be 2 weeks)-my last appointment with him-and he said that's fine.  I know that is exactly what everyone here has been saying but to hear it from him I feel a bit better.  He also cleared me to go back to the gym and start lifting low weights, high reps.  So excited for that!  

RebYitzchak
on 7/29/13 11:50 am - FL
RNY on 04/17/13

Keep in mind that I have to lose more weight to reach goal, than what you started at. So, I basically have to lose a little more than one of you. LOL

RNY - 4/17/13     HW - 463  SW - 428  CW - 263

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 255 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 269 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 314 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 272 views