Meat hurts, carbs don't?

Videoman23
on 7/27/13 9:49 am

Not sur eif i have the right board, but i'm 2 months out, and my stomach is supposed to be ready for more normal foods, but all meats give me stomach aches and nausea, liek i wish i wasn't alive for this pain type stomach aches, yet any sugar or carbs i eat cause no dumping i could eat mac and cheese and oreos with no pain at all, but one bite of meat and i'm feel so sick, it's hard to get my protein in especially since the shakes i have make me lose my appetite just looking at them, and tofu is hard to get cause on out limited budget for food, the family prioritzes what the majority can eat, so specialty side items are a bit impossible... anyway, is this intollerence to meat normal? i've tried fish ch****n shrimp, all make me sick after one bite, yet the doritos i caved in and ate yesterday did nothing but burn my tongue, they were spicy... will i have to go vegetarian for life now? oh and befor ei forget eggs give me the same pain and sickness.

PetHairMagnet
on 7/27/13 10:21 am
RNY on 05/13/13
On July 27, 2013 at 4:49 PM Pacific Time, Videoman23 wrote:

Not sur eif i have the right board, but i'm 2 months out, and my stomach is supposed to be ready for more normal foods, but all meats give me stomach aches and nausea, liek i wish i wasn't alive for this pain type stomach aches, yet any sugar or carbs i eat cause no dumping i could eat mac and cheese and oreos with no pain at all, but one bite of meat and i'm feel so sick, it's hard to get my protein in especially since the shakes i have make me lose my appetite just looking at them, and tofu is hard to get cause on out limited budget for food, the family prioritzes what the majority can eat, so specialty side items are a bit impossible... anyway, is this intollerence to meat normal? i've tried fish ch****n shrimp, all make me sick after one bite, yet the doritos i caved in and ate yesterday did nothing but burn my tongue, they were spicy... will i have to go vegetarian for life now? oh and befor ei forget eggs give me the same pain and sickness.

You have money for Doritos, but not tofu?

I cannot even imagine why on earth at 8 weeks out you'd be making such a poor chocie.

The fact that you know you can eat mac and cheese and Oreos is pretty sad. You need to get it together and make better choices and find healthy proteins that DO work for you.

blush

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Videoman23
on 7/27/13 10:27 am

I didn't buy teh doritos, it was what was in the house, i'm asking why i feel pain with most proteins, not asking for a lecture on why i'm bad at eating the right foods i don't have. my only protein choices available in my household are meats eggs and protein shakes left over from before surgery, i can't stomach them, i just want to know why.

poet_kelly
on 7/27/13 1:54 pm - OH

We don't know why.  What does your surgeon say?  And why don't you have other protein choices available?  Why can't you buy beans or cottage cheese or yogurt?  If you have no money for food, you can apply for food stamps.  If you have no income and less than $100 in the bank, they must process your application in less than one week.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

(deactivated member)
on 7/27/13 10:52 am

You obviously are one of the lucky ones who have been able to eat the healthier foods after surgery without being in unbearable pain. Congratulations.  But you really shouldn't make any comments to those of us who can barely eat anything.  And when you are having one of those days where you actually are hungry, you will eat whatever your stomach will accept.  I know my nutritionist isn't a huge fan of the approach but she understands realistically that you need to eat sometime.  I love fruit and veggies but I cannot eat them, so don't judge what you have never experienced.  Every person's stomach is different and takes a different amount to time to heal.

Also, obviously you've never food shopped, most processed foods are cheaper than healthy meats and produce.

exohexoh
on 7/28/13 1:03 am - West Chester, PA

a bag of doritos is at least $3, usually closer to $4. you can make much healthier choices with that money. before i moved back in with my parents i had $100 a month to spend on food and could still eat a healthy diet.

<3 jen <3

<3 starting weight: 252 <3 goal weight: 135 <3 current weight: 151 <3

RNY: 9/27/10 <3 Extended Tummy Tuck w/hip & thigh lipo: 6/6/13

VintageChick
on 7/27/13 10:26 am

Are you chewing the meat to applesauce consistency? I'm just over 2 months myself, and am sick of shakes, too. I find if I don't take tiny bites, and chew, chew, chew, I have problems, too.  Good luck finding a protein that works for you. I resort back to my carnation instant breakfast shakes occasionally when nothing else suits. Only I have to use almond milk now instead of skim milk.  The instant breakfast is sugar-free of course, just as it was pre-op.  

lap RNY 5-15-13

Videoman23
on 7/27/13 10:30 am

i tried chewing to a meat puree, but at some point through chewing i lose my appetite.. and it usually still hurts, i feel miserable for about a half hour. it sucks cause i feel hungry for food yet at the same time i feel disgusted and my stomach turns when i look at it... which could be cause of all the stomach aches

(deactivated member)
on 7/27/13 10:50 am

I'm in a similar situation.  I find that cereal will work sometimes so I try to pick a cereal with low sugar, high fiber and skim milk.  That way you get some protein from the milk (and some of the cereal) but something to chew as well. Just chew as slowly as possible

Soapy
on 7/27/13 10:58 am
I was the same way and sometimes did eat carbs as I was desperate. I am almost 4 months and I am doing a little better with meat but I am still struggling. I did discover the onion cheddar burger on the dollar menu at McDonald's and can eat it without bun. I also hated protein shakes but have made them using a container if Greek yogurt, scoop protein vanilla, Splenda, frozen strawberries and skim milk. Taste pretty good way better than regular protein shake. I blend in blender. Take care.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 329 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 365 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 326 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 322 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 15 replies · 135 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?