Surgery this Monday!

mshapero64
on 8/2/13 8:03 am

Today was my last day at work for 3 weeks. Everyone at work has been so supportive and they threw me a goodbye lunch today (yes, I stuck to my pre-op diet of protein shake and yogurt), but it was still nice to get together for some relaxing fun.

One woman at work seems to be making it her mission to scare the hell out of me over this surgery.  She even started nagging me today, telling me that it's not too late to change my mind.  I'm not scared, I fell like I'm well informed about what I am about to do and I don't appreciate her ignorant scare tactics.  She's never been through this, she just has a "friend" that had a bad experience.  I know nothing about this "friend", for all I know she totally ignored her doctors instructions and it's her own fault she's had a bad result.

I'm choosing to focus on the positive and make sure I have everything I need once I'm released from the hospital. Since I live two hours from where I am having surgery, they are making me stay in town until Friday, so my husband and I will be staying in a hotel for a few days.  I've started packing up everything I could possibly need at the hotel for 4 days.

If anyone has any packing suggestions, any advice is appreciated. 

r0bynn
on 8/2/13 8:09 am - AR
RNY on 08/05/13
Yay! My surgery is Monday too! Go us! I'm taking a portable DVD player. TV stinks. Lol
mshapero64
on 8/2/13 8:12 am

I'm taking my laptop and I have memberships to hulu, netflix, & amazon prime. Hopefully I don't get too bored.

r0bynn
on 8/2/13 8:17 am - AR
RNY on 08/05/13
Hubby broke the laptop we bought specifically for his deployment after about 2 weeks. Grrrrrr!
mshapero64
on 8/2/13 8:27 am

Men!

heather_leigh1990
on 8/2/13 9:26 am

comfy lounge pants, sf crystal light hard candies (helped keep my mouth moist after surgery), crystal light liquid drink mix (for some reason it seems easier to sip on than plain water, I brought a nook to read but i guess thats on the same level as a dvd player just a different form of entertainment

mshapero64
on 8/2/13 9:33 am

Thanks for the advice.  I wasn't sure about SF hard candies.

heather_leigh1990
on 8/2/13 9:36 am

well when i mentioned it to my surgeon before hand and the only thing he was concerned about was if you have a sweet tooth it could lead you into old bad habits. Sweets were never a problem for me. Pasta is my great weakness. I guess you just have to decide if it is okay for you.

Most Active
Recent Topics