5 DAYS POST OP

mshapero64
on 8/9/13 2:47 pm

Hey y'all.  I'm home from the hospital and feeling pretty good. It was not easy getting to this point but glad I'm here.  We discovered while I was in recovery that I am allergic to Dilaudid which kept making me really ill.  I couldn't keep anything down and it made everything I tried to eat, taste like an old steel wrench.  They took me off the meds Tuesday afternoon when they figured out the allergy, but it wasn't until Thursday until the bad taste and spontaneous nausea finally went away.  I'm finally home today and feeling pretty good, swollen around the middle, but completely pain med free.  It's going to feel so good to sleep in my own bed tonight.

Dorkgirl_41
on 8/9/13 3:12 pm - CA
RNY on 07/10/13

Welcome home and congrats! Sorry you had that complication. Now you can concentrate on recovery from surgery and starting your new life! :)

Start Wt: 355   Surgery Wt: 331   Current Wt: 253 Goal Wt: 175  Had RNY on 7/10/13

My blog about my journey - Up From Under

bluesfan
on 8/9/13 11:12 pm - FL
RNY on 07/08/13

So glad to hear you're feeling well, and will get to sleep in your own bed tonight. Best of luck on your road to a new and exciting life !

Most Active
Recent Topics