Does anybody go to therapy?

AnnieD9999
on 8/9/13 10:35 pm - Columbus, OH

Yesterday I weighed 182.5, this morning 183.6. My heart dropped, I know i shouldnt weigh myself everyday but I do and Ive tried not to. Obviously I know this could be due to a various amount of things and its probably water and blah blah, but Im more worried about the thoughts that went through my head when I saw that number. Instantly I was in "you have to go to the gym, you have to eat less mode" ....eat less.....how in Gods name could i possibly eat LESS. I get nervous when I feel like i eat too often during the day, even though I know I need to to get my protein in. I guess what im trying to say is I can see myself slowly slipping into an eating disorder and being completely malnourished. Do any of yall see a therapist, I know each person is different but do you think it helps you? Im feeling it is more and more necessary by the day.

poet_kelly
on 8/9/13 10:42 pm - OH

I'm not currently in therapy but was in the past, including before and after I had RNY.  Yeah, I think it helped a lot.

I think it's great that you're recognizing some unhealthy thought patterns and want to take steps to deal with it before it becomes a really serious problem.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

AnnieD9999
on 8/9/13 10:55 pm - Columbus, OH

Thank you, Ive struggled with these types of behaviors in the past (mostly middle/early high school) So i know if I dont deal with it now my brain will tell me im doing the right thing. Yesterday all I ate was 2 hard boiled eggs, a slice of ham, and 1/2 a cup of Shredded Pork....spaced over the whole day, I went over 8 hours without really eating. and I wasn't hungry. Or atleast I told myself  I wasnt hungry. I dont want to be malnourished in a few months. So im seeking out help to be healthy now.

semitchell1972
on 8/9/13 11:04 pm

I am beginning to think that I need to do some therapy also. My issue is that I am starting to see old thought patterns come back. The ones that tell me to eat the stuff that I know I should not be eating....It couldn't hurt as far as I am concerned to get some kind of extra help if I need it. It's all about being healthy.

BellaNY
on 8/9/13 11:11 pm

I started about a month ago for a variety of reasons. I felt a lot of emotions come to the surface when I wasn't stuffing them down with food. Weight loss also changes the dynamics of our relationships and I had some challenges there as well. It has already helped enormously. I hesitated to find somebody and now wish I'd done it sooner. Good luck!

SteveWebb
on 8/9/13 11:45 pm - NC

I may eventually need therapy, but right now can't afford it and I'm getting some therapy from this site.  You guys are so supportive and helpful.  I really appreciate it and hope I sometimes give it back.  By finding this site I have really begun to think about what I eat and why.  I am really committed to getting this done and becoming healthier.  It's nice to know I have a bunch of new friends that understand where I am and where I want to go.  God bless you on your journey

LosingSarah
on 8/9/13 11:48 pm - Moorhead, MN
VSG on 10/16/13

Never have, but I have my psych evaluation required by insurance in a little over a week. I plan to talk to he/she about potentially going regularly so I can deal with any food issues I have.

illinois Gama D.
on 8/9/13 11:57 pm

Many, Many here are in therapy or have been . if it would serve you well go for it, it can be liberating to let it out with someone who gets it.

I also wonder if you are putting your body into starvation mode? are you eating enough? It always concerns me when I see the post  that says "I don't know how much less I could eat" this isn't about how little you can eat.... you know that ,, I am sure,  you have to fuel you body to run right just like a car.(holy cow, new laptop, have no clue what I did to go bold & big, sorry) anyway, follow your plan, make sure you are getting in all your requirement's,

Rny 2003

come join the new R&R 3.0, where the fun is:)

VSG on 06/12/13
I'm seeing a therapist who specializes in eating disorders. I am finding our conversation useful.

A tip: I qualified for 5 free visits through my Employee Assistance Program, and when I use up those visits, she accepts and bills insurance. $40 company's and I'm good to go.

Laurie

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

shawna W.
on 8/10/13 12:27 am
RNY on 07/26/13

yes it started out for different reasons, but i highly suggest it if you are feeling it is necessary, dont put off what can help now.

HW: 358 SW: 316   

Most Active
Recent Topics