16 days post op- stomach pain thru the roof!!

reddhedgrl
on 8/15/13 5:17 am
Ok, so every time I eat, my stomach hurts... Every time I drink I get stabbing pains in my stomach.... I was fine before. Last 2 days have been HORRIBLE!!! I'm back on the liquid phase as per my Dr.'s RN... But holy crap!!! Every time I drink it hurts! No matter what temp. The liquid is. My dr is over 7hrs away...I'm trying not to get dehydrated, but ugh
PetHairMagnet
on 8/15/13 5:26 am
RNY on 05/13/13

Someone else recently posted they were having pains several weeks out..I don't recall the resolution for them, but I do hope that you are talking to the surgeon and not just going off the RN feedback. You might say something that the surgeon would pick up on that in the translation from the nurse to him or her is lost and valuable time is wasted. 

Also, if liquids are hurting, I am not sure what the value is of being back on the liquid diet. I would think he'd want you evaluated by someone closer and then determine if you need to return. How did you find someone so far away?

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

poet_kelly
on 8/15/13 5:36 am - OH

Have you called your doctor?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

reddhedgrl
on 8/15/13 6:47 am
Yes, he sent me to local ER... So far, I'm dehydrated... Really hard time getting IV in... I cried...
denaraye
on 8/15/13 6:32 am - MI

I went through several days of extreme pain about 2 1/2 weeks out.  It turned out to be the nerve endings healing.  The doctor said not everyone goes through this - but it is common and will pass.  It was so horrific that I begged God to take me home.  Mercifully he did not and just a few days later it stopped completely as quickly as it started.  Obviously, I am not an expert, but if it is the same horrific pain I not only sympathize but can guarantee you this too shall pass.  I do suggest calling your Doctor and discussing it with them.

I am no longer defined, by the wreckage behind!

purpleswingline
on 8/15/13 6:45 am - Fayetteville, AR
RNY on 08/26/13

I would either go to your doctor and if he won't see you, get to the ER.  I hope it all works out for you!  Please keep us posted.

Nancy

reddhedgrl
on 8/15/13 6:50 am
I'm currently in ER... Problem is, they don't do gastric bypass where I live.. Only Lapband & maybe sleeve.. So finding someone with experience is hard. They are consulting with my surgeon. Fingers crossed its just a bump in the road.
PetHairMagnet
on 8/15/13 8:40 am
RNY on 05/13/13

Please keep us updated! They should, at a minimum, be able to get you hydrated and some nutrition via IV and then let you go to a further location for additional treatment. If you are going from one medical facility to another, have them leave the hep lock in, so you don't need another IV insertion at the second place.

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

reddhedgrl
on 8/15/13 12:30 pm
Blood test shows my pancreas is inflamed ... CT shows no leaks and only mild inflammation. But it hurts to eat or drink- the ER called my surgeon & together after reviewing the tests, decided that admitting me is best. Since the pain keeps me from drinking I'd probably just be back in a few days. So, IV fluids & pain meds for me & maybe I can go home tomorrow
Most Active
Recent Topics