14 month check-in and chit chat :)

Capt_Kirk
on 8/21/13 1:26 pm, edited 8/21/13 1:29 pm - WA
RNY on 06/12/12

So, here I am, 14 months out.  I was worried I would never stop losing, but I did at 12.5 months out.  I'm at a happy weight of 158-163.  Today I weighed in at 161.  My starting weight was 355.

So, to celebrate this year, for my birthday (on Friday), I'm going on a 3 day Albacore tuna fishing trip this weekend.  It was last freaking minute, and I don't care, I'm going!  However, really no way to cook food out at sea, and there is only a microwave.  I was planning on bringing a fair amount of beef jerky, roasted nuts, and my own homemade "lunchables".  Essentially it's cheese, homemade pastrami or other meat (chicken, etc.), yogurt-based onion dip, and some pretzel thins or cracker thins.  

Any other ideas?  Looking for foods or things that I could one-handed hold while fishing.  :)

How are my other June 2012 RNY's doing?

CPA_Loser
on 8/21/13 1:33 pm - WA

You look great! Congrats and have a wonderful birthday trip!!

LadyLilMax
on 8/21/13 1:38 pm - Retirement Ville, AZ

Congrats and Happy Birthday!  You look like a rock star!  Such a handsome young man.  

Good for you on fishing trip!

Google or check out BariatricFoodie blog or Pinterest or theworldaccordingtoeggface blog for recipes that would work for your trip.

How about some protein bars, RTD protein shakes, or put some protein powder in a shaker bottle and just add water?

Tuna in a pouch, string cheese?  Take a cooler to pack deli meats, HB eggs.  

Anxious to see pix of you and your big old fish when you get back :)

RNY 12/11/12  HW:230   SW:220   GW:140   CW:130  5ft 1

E R.
on 8/21/13 3:44 pm - Switzerland

You look stunning! Well done with your weight loss! Happy birthday and enjoy your trip!

RNY:  4 June 2013

PetHairMagnet
on 8/21/13 7:38 pm
RNY on 05/13/13

That is fantastic--what awesome progress!

For me, I'd be having bars and RTD out on the water. 

Hope you have a great catch to tell the story of as well!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Oxford Comma Hag
on 8/21/13 10:54 pm
How cool! Congrats. Throw some protein bars in with your other choices and go have fun
And Happy Early Birthday!

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

blopez579
on 8/21/13 11:16 pm
RNY on 09/11/13

Happy birthday!  Isn't it great that you are celebrating with something FUN and AWESOME besides food?  So many of our celebrations are all about food.  And that you can go, and have stamina and energy, and enjoy everything about the trip without worrying about if your gut will fit the --thingie you wrap around your waist to put the pole in-- ! and how you look in your shorts, and ... I could go on and on.

This summer we went to Florida, as we do every year.  I was at my biggest, and for the first time, the trip was not enjoyable. I wanted to stay inside and hide, I could barely walk to the beach, I felt everyone's eyes on me, and I was beating myself up constantly for getting into that state.  Next year, will be a different story.

Thanks for sharing your GREAT news!

Most Active
Recent Topics