Snack Food *****

AnnieD9999
on 8/22/13 2:45 am - Columbus, OH

I've gotten into this bad habit which I just now realized im doing, and havent been doing for very long. I tend to really only eat "snack" foods throughout the day until dinner. Sometimes i'll get some grilled chicken nuggets for lunch or have some deli meat at home. But I just want to eat cheez-itz and wheat thins with laughing cow cheese, and string cheese....Dont judge me for the cheez-its that was a one time purchase and I know not to get them again.  Anyway, I guess I dont really have a point to this other than sometimes posting things on here makes it a little bit more real to me, and I can't stay in denial and tell myself its okay just to eat snack food all day. Going to make some chicken salad with greek yogurt and deviled eggs today, maybe that will help

poet_kelly
on 8/22/13 2:51 am - OH

I'd rather eat Cheezits, too.  That's why I never buy them.  If I have them at home, that's all I'll eat. I can eat a whole box in just two days - I know because I've done it, more than once.

For me, the secret is to have healthy food at home and have it so it's easy to eat.  Like, I will eat veggies and hummus, but I have to have the veggies already cut up and ready to grab.  It has to be easier for me to eat healthy stuff than junk food.  If I have no junk in the house, and the healthy stuff is quick and easy, then I'll eat the healthy stuff.  I am ridiculously lazy sometimes, but I can use that to my advantage if I plan ahead.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

rissa1224
on 8/22/13 3:07 am - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

I am addicted to pringles!!! I love carbs. I snacked too often too. I now snack on 1 cheese stick or edamame. That is my new addiction. Not a lot though but they're really good for you. For a sweeter snack I bought the 100cal packs of almonds with cinamon sugar, there are like 4 carbs and 3 protein or something. Just enough to munch! Damn snacking habbits!

dorky_kelly
on 8/23/13 12:20 am
RNY on 12/11/12

OMG I LOVE THOSE!  They taste like Cinnamon Toast Crunch! *nom nom*

AGE:  29  |  HEIGHT:  5'5"  |  HW:  375  |  SW:  349 (12/11/12)

Food Journal/Exercise Log 

rissa1224
on 8/23/13 12:53 am - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

YES!! I love them but I am trying not to be addicting to where I eat them on a daily basis. I am going to maybe make my own so I can control the amount of cinn and sugar that goes in them. But yum yum!

PetHairMagnet
on 8/22/13 3:15 am
RNY on 05/13/13

My favorite snack/meal is a deseeded English cucumber with the Greek yogurt dill dip in , wrapped in a slice of lunch meat. Try that. 

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Day_dream_believer
on 8/22/13 9:54 am

It is good that you recognize this could become a problem.  I don't keep any unhealthy snack food at home.  When I do buy it for my kids I spend the extra money and buy them in individual servings.  I also do that with my trigger foods like nuts.   Plan out your meals the night before.  (including snacks)  It also helps me to have lots of healthy snack food I can grab like cherry tomatoes or red pepper strips.  

How did your chicken salad turn out...That sounds really good.

April M.
on 8/22/13 12:33 pm - Clarksville, TN
RNY on 03/11/13

I agree with Kelly. If you must snack, only have things around that are good to snack on. My plan doesn't allow for any snacking. I am to eat three meals per day and that is all. The logic is that snacking leads to extra calories leads to slow weight loss. I'll admit, I am not perfect and I have snacked a few times in the last few months. A piece of deli meat, a piece of string cheese, and a couple of times a few crackers (which I instantly regretted, bloated my pouch up and made me miserable for about an hour). By far the worst was when I ate a hersheys kiss from my son's easter basket about one month after surgery. OMG!! I was sick to my stomach for an hour!! I wouldn't call it dumping cause it wasn't accompanied by loose stools or sweats or any of that. I haven't done that again. Just looking at something sweet or greasy makes my tummy say "oh no, we aren't eating that!" Which is a good thing :) Best wishes on your journey ;)

diane48
on 8/22/13 4:16 pm
RNY on 05/07/13

I found some dried salted green beans at Trader Joe's that I love!  They really help with the crunch factor. 

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 8/23/13 1:27 am - OH

Like Kelly, I have to have healthy snacks that are already just ready to eat (fruit and veggies washed and cut up) or I will reach for something less healthy.  I also stopped keeping the veggies and fruit in the drawers (where they are hidden) and put them on the shelves in the refrigerator so I SEE them when I open it (and put some less healthy things in the drawers).  That helps me a lot.

I don't keep much snack food in the house, but do have SOMETHING crunchy and some ice cream all the time, so I have to be careful not to reach for those. It is a learning process.  I cannot have cookies in the house because I will eat them, but I do ok with pretzels, CheezIts, small chocolate items.  

Lora 

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
Recent Topics