Vitamin Question!!

AnnieD9999
on 9/8/13 1:58 am - Columbus, OH

Would there be any reason why I couldnt take all of my Multis at the same time? I use Womens One a Day's and take 4 a day, 2 in the morning when I get up and 2 right before bed. Would there be any reason why I couldn't take all 4 in the morning?

Also I know its not a required vitamin but I started taking the Dulcolax Stool Softener yesterday, should I take 1 a day? or 1 or 2 a couple of times a week?

Justcallmesuz
on 9/8/13 3:06 am
RNY on 05/08/13

I may be wrong, I think the reason for separating them is because we can't absorb all the nutrients in that many at one time.

HW~278

CW~131

GW~160

LadyLilMax
on 9/8/13 3:46 am - Retirement Ville, AZ

Annie, your avatar always brings a huge smile to my face.  So cute and happy and fun!

I take Sr. Centrum and take one in the morning and one in the pm becuz as the OP said, we cannot absorb all the nutrients at one time.

On the dulcolax.  I tried taking one in the morning and one in the evening and if no movement I added one at lunch.  As I got more real food and more fiber in my diet I found myself cutting back.  You just adust it according to your body.

I use miralax which is a godsend!  You are military right?  You can get it at the base pharmacy as well as dulcolax.  Just have your PCP or bariatric doc write you an RX.

The miralax is tasteless and I add it to my shakes, coffee whatever and cannot tell it is there.  I use it every other day with great results!  My digestive system has never worked so well ever in my whole life.  I feel like I am an old model T Ford with a Lamborghini digestive system now, LOL

Good luck.. just try it and figure out what is right for you.

RNY 12/11/12  HW:230   SW:220   GW:140   CW:130  5ft 1

AnnieD9999
on 9/8/13 9:11 am - Columbus, OH

Thankyou! I love that picture even if it is preop. Im obsessed with Halloween and every year i dye my hair orange and black and call it HALLOWEEN HAIR!!!! :) Going to do it this week sometime, maybe ill update it

Thanks for all the advice on the Dulcolax, and vitamins. I thought that was why we couldn't take them all at once but just wanted to make sure!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 9/8/13 9:28 am, edited 9/8/13 9:29 am - OH

The seem to be varying opinions among doctors as to whether there is a limit to how much of various vitamins we can absorb at once.  My surgeon said she did not think it was a problem if I wanted to take both of my multi's at the same time, but warned that it might bother my pouch if I did it.  (It doesn't, but I still take them separately.... Just in case there is something that we can't absorb that much of at once.)

i think you only need to take as much of the stool softener as you need to be able to avoid being constipated, and less is better than more because you can end up with your body being dependent on it... Which means you get stuck taking it for life.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
Recent Topics