8 Weeks out and already not losing?

JustMeNC
on 9/10/13 3:30 am - NC

I had my surgery 8 weeks ago... the first 4 weeks (after being readmitted to the hospital) I lost 34 lbs.. now this last 4 weeks, I've lost only 5 lbs.. I'm measuring EVERYTHING I eat.. I'm not supposed to eat more than 2 ounces of food every 2-3 hrs, and 800 calories. I don't always make 800 calories, but get very close. I'm supposed to drink 60 ounces, get 60 ounces of protein which I do, and ...exercise 60 min. I have not been exercising but have been doing way more daily then last month.. so shouldn't I be losing more than just 1 lb a week??? especially this early into surgery??? I have PCOS and was told that once I had the surgery the difficulty I had in losing weight would be gone.. and its still here.. I hope I didn't go through this surgery just to find out I still cant lose weight!!! HELP!!

RNY 7-10-13    
Ocalasam
on 9/10/13 4:08 am
RNY on 12/18/12

You will have times where you don't loose for a week or longer and then all of a sudden you will drop 5 pounds.  Your body is adjusting to major changes.  Be patient.  The weight will come off!!

kinny09
on 9/10/13 4:35 am - New York, NY
RNY on 06/11/13

It's going to happen, no one loses weight all the time, even right after surgery. I haven't lost anything in the last 1.5 weeks, and right before that I was losing a pound a day. Why? Who knows, the body has to adjust itself at some point, it can never be in constant loss mode to function properly. I've changed nothing about my diet which is perfectly adhering to my plan and I only increase my exercise weekly working under a trainer. So even under the most "perfect" cir****tances, on top of the fact that I'm young (26) and should have a relatively good rate of loss, it's been somewhat slow. I have PCOS as well btw.

HW: 306         Day of Surgery: 299         Current Weight: 172

JaneJetson60
on 9/10/13 5:01 am, edited 9/10/13 5:01 am
RNY on 05/07/12

Do you honestly really believe you are done losing weight at only 8 weeks out?   You are not going to lose at a steady rate.  You can and will stall through out. you can stall for a month lose weight stall some more but as long as you are eating and drinking what you are suppose to, the weight will come off.   Research, research, research information on this surgery so you will know the answers to this kind of information before hand and you will see this caused you to worry over nothing.     Jane

alaskasusan
on 9/10/13 5:18 am, edited 9/10/13 5:18 am - AK
RNY on 02/11/13

Don't let the slow times discourage you...your body really is not going to lose at the same rate thru the time you lose, but you will keep losing as long as you keep doing what you know you should, as you are now.  You lost in 4 weeks what took me about the first four months to get off, so I'd say that you are doing super!  I'm 7 months out tomorrow and am not quite at 70# lost since my surgery date - even though I am completely compliant doing all I'm supposed to and more, so I understand how it is to be working so hard and not see the scale move like you want! But it truly does work, don't give up.  A real plateau is over a month of losing nothing...and even those break eventually. 

Keep on keeping on, you're going to do great!

(deactivated member)
on 9/10/13 6:05 am
I agree with Alaskasusan my weight is coming off very slowly only 28lbs in 11 weeks and NONE the last 3 weeks. I am not able to exercise much because of severe joint paint but am starting water aerobics the week of the 22nd Pay no mind to those who can come across rudely (in my opinion). Take what your read with a grain of salt...keep the ideas that sound good to you and throw the others out of your mind. There is/are a multitude of different opinions. If one thing worked for everyone none of us would have had to have surgery. Good luck with everything. And cheers to us!
Sherrie P.
on 9/10/13 12:32 pm
RNY on 02/06/13

Normal!! Do your weekly average. You have lost over 4 pounds per week.

You really have to back off the scale.  After the first month or 2, it slows down for most.  Just be diligent and believe that as long as it moves in the right direction...you are on track for YOU!

I am at 2.8 pounds per week average now B**** 7 months out.

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

Most Active
Recent Topics