First weigh in

Lethy
on 9/16/13 2:09 am
RNY on 09/10/13 with
First weigh in: I am in more pain and discomfort than I thought i would ne in, so I was hoping for a little pick me. I guess something to verify that it is all worth it. I am not doing so well on my intake and basically still feel bad, really shaky and hot. I know I am only 6 days out, I guess I was just think it would be easier. Also I am a little over emotional. I only told my sister's, brother and parents that I was having RNY. I am a private person and don't feel it is anybody's business. Well I found out my sister has been telling people. I started crying and was really upset. Then today my hubby forgot to get my backpack off of our truck and took it to work. I have an open book test with no book. To top it off my kids drank all the bottle waters and ice. I cried for at least 10 -20 minutes. My little sister brought me ice and bottle water I can't find a good broth to drink so it has been basically water for me with a little bit of jello. My mom is out of town until tomorrow and I need her here. All minor things but really threw me off. I feel helpless. I can't bathe the twins. Friday is homecoming which we didn't find out until today and I cant even make my junior her mum which I do every year with my mom. It's a tradition since my sisters in I where in school. know it will get better. I hope all of this is normal. On the bright side my 3 year old twins are absolutely amazing and love being my helpers. And I have the best kiddos ever.

Enough of my pity party. Sorry for the rant...and back to my point I am down 13 lbs as of yesterday morning, since my surgery on Tuesday

cajungirl
on 9/16/13 2:44 am

Congrats on the weight loss.  Being emotional initially isn't uncommon, hopefully it won't last long for you.  Just a suggestion on broth, I used Ramon Noodle flavoring packets when I was on broth, it was salty so I diluted it a lot but the taste was much better for me than other types.  

You could also boil some chicken, add in veggies and strain it. 

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Lethy
on 9/16/13 3:49 am
RNY on 09/10/13 with
I wondered about the Ramen Noodle packets but was scared of the sodium. I have a pack of lowered sodium chicken. I am going to try it. Anything to help with this shakiness. Thanks for taking the time to respond. We beginners really need the veterans help :)

karenp8
on 9/16/13 5:08 am - Brighton, IL

Congratulations on your weight loss. The moodiness is totally normam as you first begin to lose weight and large amounts of hormones stored in fat are dumped into your body. Just relax and give yyourself a break. After all,you just had major surgery!

Lethy
on 9/16/13 6:27 am
RNY on 09/10/13 with
Thank you very much.

jamienichols22
on 9/16/13 7:10 pm - MI

Did you try the Unjury chicken broth? I know I have seen a lot of people that could handle it more than anything else I am guessing because it's tailored for the surgery and has loads of protein in it as well

Jamie Nichols

HW:321    CW:263   GW:125 

I am a tiger who is earning her stripes!! 

Lethy
on 9/16/13 10:21 pm
RNY on 09/10/13 with
Where would I get that from?

jamienichols22
on 9/17/13 7:34 am - MI

My surgeon's office has it or you can get it from http://www.unjury.com/store/protein/ and it's in the column to the left as chicken soup. I have heard it's so much easier to handle than regular broths

Jamie Nichols

Lethy
on 9/17/13 8:07 am
RNY on 09/10/13 with
Thank you I will look into it. I am have a hard time and need something. It is to the point where I am shaky. I can't even get my vitamins in.

jamienichols22
on 9/18/13 2:15 am - MI

If you look on the website they will even send you samples per your request for free. I hope this helps you to get something down

Jamie Nichols