Panicking

dessalves
on 9/18/13 4:59 am
So I posted a few days ago that I was in pain again, a different kind under my ribs from one side to the other, similar to a pain that I would have if I had done 1000 sit ups (which I didn't btw). So I called my doctor and he gave me some medicine that made the pain a little better but yesterday I noticed that my belly is feeling hard and is a little swollen. I called the doctor again and he was such an a##!! He told me that the risk from the surgery is all gone and that I shouldn't be worried. He said there was no need for me to go see him and if I wanted to go to the ER. I am so pissed at him!! Of course I am worried and I am in pain and he acts like he couldn't care less!! I am at the ER now waiting to do some tests and I am flipping out!! I am so worried and so angry!!! And I really hate myself for needing this damn surgery in the first place!! And the worst part is the doctors just assume that I eat something that I shouldn't or something like that!! This is so frustrating!!!

marissasmith1987
on 9/18/13 5:03 am - troy, NY
RNY on 01/13/14

dont worry about your dr right now. you will have some answers soon. i hope its something small. im thinking of you. pray for you

- Marissa RYN 1-13-14. If the past was perfect then there would be no need for tomorrow

dessalves
on 9/18/13 5:05 am
Thank you, I'll keep you posted

daisy142
on 9/18/13 6:19 am - TX
Oh man!! Praying for you and keeps us posted!!

HW = 370

SW = 322

GW = 180

Lap RNY by Dr. Dana Reiss

(deactivated member)
on 9/18/13 8:56 am

I'm praying for you. I'm rooting for you. Deal with the surgeon later, right now, stay calm and let the ER docs take care of you. I'll be watching for your update.

PetHairMagnet
on 9/18/13 9:05 am
RNY on 05/13/13

Hope you have had some good news by now!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 257 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 270 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 316 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 272 views