Need suggestions from vitamin gurus

DebsGiz
on 9/17/13 9:01 pm - FL

Hi there,

My husband just ordered some vitamins for me from the same folks we have been purchasing them from since I had my surgery five years ago.  They are a high grade vitamin, but are also very expensive.

What I would likes to ask is the name of vitamins, and a place where I can purchase them, that are a good quality vitamin but not so expensive.  I can take pills, so they need not be chewable, though chewable is always good too.

I need a good multi-vitamin, iron, B12, and calcium.

Most warmly thanking you in advance for your kind suggestions.

DEB

H.A.L.A B.
on 9/17/13 9:08 pm
Costco, Sam's - they have multi and calcium and B12. CVS multi - spectravite - arer good, the pills or chewable. CVS also has other vits. I tried Costco pile but they are too big for me and I gag on them. So I and taking the CVS. Iron - as long as it is carbonyl- like Feosal and you take that with C - you can get that in CVS or other places.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

DebsGiz
on 9/18/13 10:41 am - FL

H.A.L.A.

Thank you for the information as it is so much appreciated.  

I will start shopping around at these places to see what I can find.

poet_kelly
on 9/17/13 9:47 pm - OH

A generic multi equivalent to Centrum - I've been using the Family Wellness brand from Family Dollar, $4 a bottle.

Generic calcium citrate, available anywhere that sells vitamins.

Sundown Perfect Iron, which is carbonyl, which is good because it's absorbed well and usually does not cause constipation, available at many stores and also very affordable from drugstore.com.

You can find sublingual B12 anywhere that sells vitamins.  Get a big dose, like 2500 mcg, and you only have to take it a couple times a week so one bottle will last a long time.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Mo Diggity
on 9/18/13 3:00 am - poughkeepsie, NY
RNY on 07/03/13

Wow, the dollar store ?? :) 

ok Kelly, I have 2 question for you please !!

1. Do you buy any other vitamins from Family Dollar ?

2. I didn't realize you can take 2500mg of iron at a time ? My B12 is 1000 mg I take every day.

Thanks again !!!

Maureen Tired of Living my Life in the Dark

poet_kelly
on 9/18/13 3:03 am - OH

I do not buy any other vitamins from Family Dollar because they never have any others that I use.  I look all the time for calcium citrate there but never see it, only calcium carbonate.  They never have the kind of iron I use, either.

You can take 2500 mcg of B12 at a time.  That would be a HUGE amount of iron.  Don't take that much iron!  But yeah, you can take a large dose of B12 a couple times a week instead of taking it every day.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Mo Diggity
on 9/19/13 12:57 am - poughkeepsie, NY
RNY on 07/03/13

lmao I meant B12

Maureen Tired of Living my Life in the Dark

DebsGiz
on 9/18/13 10:47 am - FL

Thanks Kelly!!!

I have printed this out and will certainly look for these.  In Alabama, Dollar General stores are everywhere, so I will venture in and see what I can find.

My husband just ordered my vitamins for me this morning and spent close to $150.00, which is eating into my house renovations money.  Anymore, before I buy anything, I look at it and ask myself what I could do with the house for that amount of money before I spend it.  I know I must have my vitamins, but I'm thinking there simply has to be a less expensive way to get what I need.

Since hubby's just ordered them, I now have time to check out the suggestions you've made on other lines of vitamins.  

Again, thank you for your suggestions!!!

DEB

Ladytazz
on 9/18/13 2:51 pm

Every so often Fred Meyers has a buy one get one free sale.  They are my local Kroegers.  I just bought about a years worth of multivitamins and calcium citrate for about $35.  The first Tuesday of the month is senior day and that is an extra 10% off if they happen to be on sale at that time.  They don't have any other vitamins I need that cheap so I buy the Perfect Iron where ever I can find it cheapest, I get my B12, C and others at Walmart and the rest I get from Amazon or Vitalady like D50 and A and others that are harder to find in a high dose.  If I am buying online I buy in bulk to get free shipping or to cut down on shipping costs.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

DebsGiz
on 9/18/13 8:50 pm - FL

Hi Lady,

Thanks for your suggestions as well.  

I have not seen either a Kroegers or Fred Meyers in the area we live, but I'll certainly put my "feelers"out to see if there is one of these places locally.  The 10% discount is certainly attractive too!!  

Most Active
Recent Topics